Product page reloading continuously - URGENT

Humaid
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello ! 

I have a strange error on my product page all of sudden. 

My product page is refreshing and reloading endless and its not stopping. This wont allow users to shop. Please check my store below and advise.  Thanks 

https://huginabox.ie/products/large-13-brown-eye-puppy

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2240 337 895

There's some weird script running in your store causing it to reload. I can remove it if you want, can I request access to your themes?

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2240 337 895

Well I requested access in case you need the help. You should receive an email to approve or deny me.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1319 127 198

Hello, @Humaid.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I've taken a look at your website and I was able to replicate the problem on my end. However, when I took another look just now, it looks like the issue has been resolved as well. As @Ninthony has suggested, it is possible that the issue was caused by a script or an app. You can also check to see if the issue persists using a newly installed free theme. 

If the issue continues to persist, then we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Do you recall when the issue started? Were there any apps or custom coding installed recently? Also, can you confirm if the issue has been resolved?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

samkvl
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having a similar refresh issue on the admin page. If i try and login it flashes server error in red at the bottom them reloads. I have tried multiple browsers and 2 computers. 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2240 337 895

In case you just want to try yourself, if you go into your "page_script.js" file in your assets folder and ctrl + f and look for prodCollectVariant you'll see:

// New Functions-----------------------------------------------
  function prodCollectVariant(result) {

var data = result;
    if (data.product.title === null) {
      console.log('huhuhuh');
      location.reload();
    }

So I can see that "huhuhuh" being output in the console on every reload. I don't know why the title is returning null, and I also don't know why you would reload the page if it was null, but that's what is causing the reloading. It kind of looks like a coder is messing with you honestly, I don't know who would leave a random console.log statement in there like that. Anyway, you can remove that if statement completely or just get rid of the "location.reload();' portion.

0 Likes
Venny_Newson
Tourist
7 0 3

Guys, I am facing the same problem after installing several apps that messed up with my code (not sure which one). My admin dashboard keeps reloading and can’t gain access to it. I tried clearing the cache on Mozilla but the problem persists. Google Chrome also doesn’t work. Through my shopify mobile app is fine. My website is running fine too.

Can you please inspect and give me a possible solution? Thanks a million!

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2240 337 895

If it's on your admin dashboard there's nothing any of us can do. Shopify's development team will have to address that issue.

0 Likes
Venny_Newson
Tourist
7 0 3

I just read another thread many others are having this problem. So most probably nothing to do with the apps, but gotta be dealt with by the Shopify developers.

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2240 337 895

Yeah if you check the status page it says they are having an issue. I was having issues a little earlier too with constant reloads. I didn't even think about it till now.

https://www.shopifystatus.com/

0 Likes