Product page reloading continuously - URGENT

Humaid
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello ! 

I have a strange error on my product page all of sudden. 

My product page is refreshing and reloading endless and its not stopping. This wont allow users to shop. Please check my store below and advise.  Thanks 

https://huginabox.ie/products/large-13-brown-eye-puppy

Replies 27 (27)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

There's some weird script running in your store causing it to reload. I can remove it if you want, can I request access to your themes?

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Well I requested access in case you need the help. You should receive an email to approve or deny me.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
Jordan04
Visitor
1 0 0

Mine is doing the same thing 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Jordan04.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I understand that you're experiencing a similar issue, where your product page is constantly reloading. Just to confirm, when did you first notice this issue? Did the issue begin after installing an app or custom coding to your theme? Also, which theme are you using at the moment?

If the issue was caused by an app, then you can see if uninstalling the app can help resolve the issue. Or, if the issue was caused by custom coding, then you can also try rolling back to an earlier version of your theme. On the other hand, if you're not sure where the issue might be, then you can also check to see if the issue persists with a new install of one of our free themes

Once I have more information, then I'll be able to help point you in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Gilbetito
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same issue 😞 can you please Check? It was good until I choose the basic plan and paid for it.

https://6eb661-3.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1

roy18
Tourist
5 0 1
It seems to have stopped now, our issue now is the shop is displaying in USD not in GBP

roy18
Tourist
5 0 1

I am having the same issue www.ionselectiveelectrode.com

Roy

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @roy18.

Thank you for joining the thread and bringing this to our attention.

I've taken a look at your store (www.ionselectiveelectrode.com) and I didn't have any luck replicating the reloading issue on any of the products. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, then we may need to access your account in order to resolve the problem as I don't have enough information to identify where the issue is coming from. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to further assist you through live chats. Simply visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request.

That being said, some merchants feel that removing the "Powered by Shopify" message from the footer can help make their store look more professional - would this be something that interests you? Also, have you considered using something like Shopify Inbox to interact with customers on your store?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @Humaid.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I've taken a look at your website and I was able to replicate the problem on my end. However, when I took another look just now, it looks like the issue has been resolved as well. As @Ninthony has suggested, it is possible that the issue was caused by a script or an app. You can also check to see if the issue persists using a newly installed free theme. 

If the issue continues to persist, then we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Do you recall when the issue started? Were there any apps or custom coding installed recently? Also, can you confirm if the issue has been resolved?

samkvl
Tourist
5 0 2

I am having a similar refresh issue on the admin page. If i try and login it flashes server error in red at the bottom them reloads. I have tried multiple browsers and 2 computers. 

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

In case you just want to try yourself, if you go into your "page_script.js" file in your assets folder and ctrl + f and look for prodCollectVariant you'll see:

// New Functions-----------------------------------------------
  function prodCollectVariant(result) {

var data = result;
    if (data.product.title === null) {
      console.log('huhuhuh');
      location.reload();
    }

So I can see that "huhuhuh" being output in the console on every reload. I don't know why the title is returning null, and I also don't know why you would reload the page if it was null, but that's what is causing the reloading. It kind of looks like a coder is messing with you honestly, I don't know who would leave a random console.log statement in there like that. Anyway, you can remove that if statement completely or just get rid of the "location.reload();' portion.

Venny_Newson
Tourist
7 0 3

Guys, I am facing the same problem after installing several apps that messed up with my code (not sure which one). My admin dashboard keeps reloading and can’t gain access to it. I tried clearing the cache on Mozilla but the problem persists. Google Chrome also doesn’t work. Through my shopify mobile app is fine. My website is running fine too.

Can you please inspect and give me a possible solution? Thanks a million!

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

If it's on your admin dashboard there's nothing any of us can do. Shopify's development team will have to address that issue.

Venny_Newson
Tourist
7 0 3

I just read another thread many others are having this problem. So most probably nothing to do with the apps, but gotta be dealt with by the Shopify developers.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

Yeah if you check the status page it says they are having an issue. I was having issues a little earlier too with constant reloads. I didn't even think about it till now.

https://www.shopifystatus.com/

Gilbetito
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same issue 😞 can you please Check? It was good until I choose the basic plan and paid for it.

https://6eb661-3.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1

Humaid
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you Ninthony for your expert advise. I couldn't find the "page_script.js" in my assets folder. But for now I have switched to a previously saved theme. So its working fine for now. There was a developer I hired recently to add a custom message box on my product page. Probably he messed up. But thanks for your quick reply. I will get back to you if the problem still persists.  

AdrianaAndrade
Visitor
1 0 0
petmascot
Visitor
1 0 0

i also have this same issue, and i can see this huhuhu code in page source, but in shopify backend i am not able to found file page_script.js.  can you please help me as soon as possible

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Venny_Newson@samkvl@AdrianaAndrade, & @petmascot.

Thank you all for joining the thread!

It looks like there was a minor outage at the time of this posting and our teams have confirmed that the issue was resolved shortly after. However, if you're still experiencing this issue, the first thing I'd recommend doing is to clear your browser's cookies and caches

If the issue continues to persist, then it looks like we’ll need to access your accounts in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I'd love to know if this issue has been resolved or not. Let me know!

falcon
10 0 0

Hey! I am experiencing the same issue. It sometimes works after clearing cache and cookies but the issue is that it's not working for customers. Other product pages are fine but this one specifically does not work. I can't roll back to an earlier version of the theme because I don't know when this issue started. 

https://nuclieus.com/products/thepowerbraceletgo

I checked URL redirects but found nothing. Can you please help? It's urgent! Thank you. (FYI It's working on desktop strangely). 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @falcon.

Thank you for joining the thread!

I've taken a look at your product (nuclieus.com/products/thepowerbraceletgo) and I didn't experience any loading or reloading issues. While I wasn't able to replicate this issue on my end on your store, I did notice that your store has some background processes, such as geolocation. When an app isn't installed properly, it's possible that it can cause a similar issue. Do you recall installing any new apps recently?

If you're not sure where the issue is coming from, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to further assist you through live chats. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request.

That being said, I love the aesthetics of your store and I'm delighted to see that you have a live chat function on your store. It's also great to see that you were able to utilize the various sections offered by your theme, which is visually appealing! I'd love to hear more about your experience so far and share some resources to help you get started. Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

All-Diamonds-Pa
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same problem. My product keeps reloading constantly! Please help me. I've installed an app Upload Fields for uploading the image option. It didn't work and now I'm facing this issue. Please help me!!!

Here is my store link: https://alldiamondpainting.art/products/will-you-be-mine-forever-diamond-art

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @All-Diamonds-Pa.

Thank you for joining the thread and bringing this to our attention.

I understand that your product page keeps reloading after you've installed Upload Fields and I was able to replicate the problem on my end. If this app required you to install a snippet of code to your theme, then it's possible that the coding wasn't installed correctly - which may be leading to this issue. That being said, does removing the app help resolve this issue?

Since the Upload Fields is third-party app and if it's something that you need for your Online store, then the app developer is always available to assist you. To get in touch with the developer, we'd recommend reaching out to the app developer through the contact information in the Support section of their app's page or through the developer's website - Inspon

I'd love to know if removing the app or contacting the app developer can help you resolve this issue. Keep me posted!

All-Diamonds-Pa
Tourist
3 0 1
Hey, Thank you for your response. My issue didn't resolve with any of the
above mentioned ways. So, I just switched my store to another theme and the
issue has been resolved.

Thank you for looking into it for me.
Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @All-Diamonds-Pa.

Thank you for following up!

I'm glad to hear that switching to another theme has resolved the issue. Since this resolved the issue, it does seem that the Upload Fields coding may be what caused the issue.

That being said, were you able to get the app working on your new theme? Or, reach out to the app developers for help fixing your original theme?

Humaid
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you Elias for your reply. Actually I have hired a developer to add a custom message box on my product page. Before editing I had the theme file saved. So I switched to that previous theme file. The current theme file still has that refreshing problem because of the coding maybe. I will notice for 2-3 days and if the same issue appears in this theme as well then I will create a support request as you mentioned. But thanks for your timely response. Appreciate it.