Products are loading too slow?

Petoya
6 0 0

Hello, I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems that it takes some time for products to load: www.petoya.sk

It's mainly when I scroll down, and I see grey products for some time and it takes almost 1 sec till I see them.

Can anyone take a look into this issue? I'm attaching this screenshot below

gift.jpg

I will appreciate any advice!
Thanks

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 338 896

Your images are just being lazy loaded, that's why it appears delayed. Lazy loading is not displaying the images until they are inside the viewport basically, this way all the images beyond the fold don't load until you need them.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
Petoya
6 0 0

Hello, thanks! I didn't think about this Is there any way we can disable lazy loading?

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 338 896

It's possible that there's a setting in your theme settings to do it, though I doubt it? Not entirely sure. Other than that you would have to go through all sections of your code finding any image output and changing their properties. Lazy loaders generally use a "data-src" property instead of a "src" property which is normally used on image tags. Then when the user scrolls to the image, javascript takes the data-src property and sets it as the src property, making the image appear. You would have to literally go into your theme and find every instance of an image and change it from a data-src property to a src property and remove the class lazyload from all of those images as well.

Lazy loading is a common practice, nearly all ecommerce stores do it so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes