Solved

Products Won’t Publish to Google

Rforbes
Tourist
6 1 14

I have over 1,000 products that won’t publish to Google, even though the products are custom. I have went through & marked every Google field I can. Then when I save, the product disappears off the “error” list and I think it’s good to go and move onto the next product. Then when I hit refresh all those products I previously worked on, are back on the error list! This is getting so frustrating. I don’t understand why this is happening. Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

Accepted Solution (1)
Rforbes
Tourist
6 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

After creating a support ticket with Shopify, this is what I found out. I copied and pasted the last email with them...

Thank you very much for all the screenshots you sent, I did some more digging in the matter for you.

What I can see is that the over 1000 products that were not published to Google all have the following error: You need to add a gtin or mpn.

Since your products are custom products, this warning is expected but reads incorrectly. This should be showing as a "limited performance" warning and the correct "Limited performance" warning can be verified in your Merchant Center account of Google. The product is approved and available for Google Ads. At this point you will not need to take any further action.

Please check the status in your Google Merchant Center account and check if this is all set away correctly. If this is correct then as explained above everything is as it should be and you do not need to take any further action. What I will do on my end is make a note for our developer and tell them about the message that pops up in your admin so that they can work on this issue being removed in the near future. The good news is, everything is published as it should be.

Thanks again for all the screenshots, that is very helpful. We have found out that the problem will not affect your Google Ads. As mentioned before I will make a note of this, to get the warning fixed.

---I did go into my Google Merchant Account Center and my products were showing as published, so this is a Shopify issue/mistake. I suggest you do as she suggested if you have this same issue and check your Google Merchant Account Center.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Bob_
Explorer
43 5 5

It should give you an error message telling you what the problem is:- 

Bob__0-1647864426440.png

When you click View Product have you set each item to Custom Product?

Bob__1-1647864487939.png

Rforbes
Tourist
6 1 14

Yes, it does but I mark everything custom & it doesn’t matter. I not only mark custom product & choose the Google Category for everything, but I also pick age range, gender, size, condition, color, etc. & still it’s not working. Right after I put all that information in, yes it does get removed from the non published list. But I just have to wait between 2-10 minutes & the product reappears on the non published list. I’ll even double check it & all the fields are there properly marked.

Rforbes
Tourist
6 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

After creating a support ticket with Shopify, this is what I found out. I copied and pasted the last email with them...

Thank you very much for all the screenshots you sent, I did some more digging in the matter for you.

What I can see is that the over 1000 products that were not published to Google all have the following error: You need to add a gtin or mpn.

Since your products are custom products, this warning is expected but reads incorrectly. This should be showing as a "limited performance" warning and the correct "Limited performance" warning can be verified in your Merchant Center account of Google. The product is approved and available for Google Ads. At this point you will not need to take any further action.

Please check the status in your Google Merchant Center account and check if this is all set away correctly. If this is correct then as explained above everything is as it should be and you do not need to take any further action. What I will do on my end is make a note for our developer and tell them about the message that pops up in your admin so that they can work on this issue being removed in the near future. The good news is, everything is published as it should be.

Thanks again for all the screenshots, that is very helpful. We have found out that the problem will not affect your Google Ads. As mentioned before I will make a note of this, to get the warning fixed.

---I did go into my Google Merchant Account Center and my products were showing as published, so this is a Shopify issue/mistake. I suggest you do as she suggested if you have this same issue and check your Google Merchant Account Center.

HazelT
8 0 0

I appreciate any help with this issue.  I discovered that Spocket does not require a GTIN from the supplier, so we can't provide one on those products.  Sometimes we can save the product category but it disappears and needs to be saved again.

haps
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm having the same problem with products not publishing to google, any solution found?

TrystianM
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Best solution is to check in the merchant center and use only the merchant center as your source of truth.