Why is my quantity selector malfunctioning on certain products?

paint-cabin111
Excursionist
16 0 5

Hello

The quantity selector is not working for certain products on my webpage, it is not allowing people to add multiple of the same product to their cart. I'm trying to sell tickets to online events so it's important to be able to add multiple tickets to a cart at once.

I'm using the Fresh Debut theme.

Thanks

Replies 6 (6)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hello, @paint-cabin111. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the quantity selector on the Debut theme; I can understand the impact this must be having on a business like yours. Let’s look into it!

How long has it not been functioning properly? Based on that, and the other activities applied to your theme during the same time period, I recommend starting by looking at the following:

1. Third party apps - Have you installed any apps that interact with your product page? If so, I recommend contacting the app developer directly to have them check the app integration to ensure it is behaving correctly.
  2. Code customization - Have you edited your theme code at all? If you have, you can try rolling back the liquid files affected to a date before the customization to see if this helps. If you identify an issue with a customization that was done by a third party, please contact that developer to have them look into it for you. 

If none of the above suggestions lead you to any conclusions or resolutions, we’d be happy to take a closer look at it for you to see if we can identify where the issue is coming from. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center, and log in to your account to create a support request.

Keep me posted on what you find out!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

paint-cabin111
Excursionist
16 0 5

Hello, sorry for the late response.

This function hasn't been working for maybe a month or so now but before any major changes to our site we've done recently.

The third party apps we have installed that are managing a few of our products are actually allowing people to add multiple products to carts whereas the products on our page with third party integration are no functioning properly.

I don't believe any editing to the code took place for our product pages.

Thanks for all your help, we appreciate it!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @paint-cabin111. No problem! Thanks for getting back to me.

What is the third party integration you are using on the products that are not functioning properly? I’d recommend starting there and contacting the developer of that integration to have them look into how it’s behaving on your site. They’ll be able to identify if the issue is stemming from their product, and how to fix it. 

Let me know how it goes!

paint-cabin111
Excursionist
16 0 5

Sorry, I made a typo - the products with third party integrations are working correctly, its the ones being managed solely through shopify that aren't working. 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

No problem, @paint-cabin111. Thanks for clarifying.

In that case, I think it would be best that we take a closer look at your theme to determine the next steps towards troubleshooting this for you. Since we’re unable to assist with situations that require account access via the Community, please reach out to a Support Advisor through live chat, email or phone callback, and they’ll be able to dive further into this with you.  Thanks!

waqarahmad
14 0 0

Hi @paint-cabin111, Thank you for letting me know you're having trouble with the quantity selector. I can understand the impact this must have on your business. If you are looking for alternative app or theme, Extendons Quantity Selector with 24/7 support is now available to resolve the problem. You can install shopify minimum order quantity app, It will help to increase your sales and better customer experience.

Trending Application in Shopify:

1. What you want to pay
2. WhatsApp Chat Order Support
3. Extendons VAT Dual Pricing