Solved

Why can't I purchase a domain on Shopify due to an error?

couponkid
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to buy a domain for my store, it has worked in the past but now I can't seem to buy one. I get the error "Please try again" and under it it says "Edit store information". Any help? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @couponkid! Welcome to Shopify Community!

There are several reasons as to why your domain purchase would fail. It could be caused by an error in your billing method, the type of domain you're trying to purchase or your store information. In order for us to find out the exact cause of the failure and how to fix it, we'll need to access your account and investigate the attempt to purchase the domain. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

To save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Domain purchase failed due to error message "Please try again. Edit store information."

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @couponkid! Welcome to Shopify Community!

There are several reasons as to why your domain purchase would fail. It could be caused by an error in your billing method, the type of domain you're trying to purchase or your store information. In order for us to find out the exact cause of the failure and how to fix it, we'll need to access your account and investigate the attempt to purchase the domain. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

To save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Domain purchase failed due to error message "Please try again. Edit store information."

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog