Solved

Why am I not receiving contact messages on my Shopify store emails?

sasannik
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi all,

I have created my Shopify site and I have 2 different emails for Store contact email (yyyy@gmail.com) and Sender email (support@xxxxx.com).

When I test the contact us page, I have not received any emails that someone contacted us.

I was wondering which one of these emails (Store Contact or Sender email) I should receive the contact message.

The store email is not connected to an email hosting as xxxxx.com is a connected third party domain.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @sasannik,

I don't understand, if it doesn't exist, then why don't you change Sender email to Gmail or an email that can receive messages. It's only a temporary change and then you will change it again.

If it helped you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Ranaay
Tourist
7 2 7

The contact form sends all messages to the Sender email address of your store.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os/customize/add-contact-form#view-contact-fo...

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @sasannik,

Your contact form sends all submissions to the Sender email address of your store. So you will receive the mail at Sender email.

Refer https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os/customize/add-contact-form#view-contact-fo...

Hope it helps!

sasannik
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Ranaay  and @LitExtension ,

Many thanks for your advice. there were very helpful.

Just a question, I made a mistake and bought my domain through 3-party and because I tried to connect to Shopify. I cannot transfer to Shopify for 60 days! So, I have to wait.

I have connected my domain to my Shopify account and sent the email to support@xxxxxxx.com, but the fact is that this email does not exist as I cannot create the email for this domain because the DNS has pointed to another place.

Do you have any suggestions for this situation as I cannot configure forward emails and also when people contact me through the contact form, I cannot receive their message, because there is no mailbox. 😞

Thank you

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @sasannik,

I don't understand, if it doesn't exist, then why don't you change Sender email to Gmail or an email that can receive messages. It's only a temporary change and then you will change it again.

If it helped you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

sasannik
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @LitExtension 

I do agree with you and thank you for your advice. As I am new in this world, I was worried If it has a negative influence on people who want to buy or communicate with my shop.

Regards

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @sasannik,

It will not affect the customer. People won't be able to see your changes, these are just so you can see the full mail when a customer contacts you.

If you have any difficulty, you can contact me. Happy to help you.