2 0 0

Hi,

Here is my situation:

I currently have a shopify website that sells:

Temporary Fencing

Security Cameras

I have now created a specific shopify website for Security Cameras

Question:

How can I redirect anyone who lands on the Security Camera specific page from the first store to the new Security Camera shopify store?

The Shopify redirects doesn't work. And I can't access the htaccess file. Is there another way? 

Thanks,

Andrew

Accepted Solution (1)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify's redirects do work, but only if the URL you're redirecting isn't a valid URL on the "old" store. So if you're redirecting the URL of a product page to another page on a different store/domain, you would have to unpublish that product on the old store so its URL isn't valid anymore. Then the redirect should work.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify's redirects do work, but only if the URL you're redirecting isn't a valid URL on the "old" store. So if you're redirecting the URL of a product page to another page on a different store/domain, you would have to unpublish that product on the old store so its URL isn't valid anymore. Then the redirect should work.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
oxley007
Visitor
2 0 0

Ah yes, thanks! that worked.