Solved

Can I get a refund for an unintended Shopify subscription?

ng4
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I was messing around with Shopify and accidentally open two accounts, I went to deactivate before being charged but one stayed opened and charged me. How can I open two accounts with the same email? I would really like a refund for the subscription because I did cancel. Can you help 

Accepted Solution (1)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @ng4.

You can open as many accounts under the same email as you would like, we do not limit this.

Generally speaking, a refund is not possible in cases such as this as the responsibility for ensuring the account is closed is with the account owner rather than with Shopify. However, with this being said, it is up to our billing department to make this decision so I would recommend reaching out to our live support to make a request for a refund of fees. I just want to set the expectation with you that in this case, it is unlikely a refund will be approved.

Our live support can be reached via our support portal here. Simply select the relevant topics until the live support options appear, you will then be connected to a live support agent. From here, you can submit your refund request. I trust this helps, thank you!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify

Out Of Office

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @ng4.

You can open as many accounts under the same email as you would like, we do not limit this.

Generally speaking, a refund is not possible in cases such as this as the responsibility for ensuring the account is closed is with the account owner rather than with Shopify. However, with this being said, it is up to our billing department to make this decision so I would recommend reaching out to our live support to make a request for a refund of fees. I just want to set the expectation with you that in this case, it is unlikely a refund will be approved.

Our live support can be reached via our support portal here. Simply select the relevant topics until the live support options appear, you will then be connected to a live support agent. From here, you can submit your refund request. I trust this helps, thank you!

Out Of Office

ng4
Visitor
2 0 1
Can you provide a real link up the live page. This one is does not exist.

Thanks
Ivy
Shopify Staff
1033 82 130

Apologies - does this link work Ok for you? 

Out Of Office

pabagahe
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Where did you file for a refund request? I also cancelled my plan already but shopify keeps on charging me.