Solved

How can I delete a test blog category from the dropdown menu?

byHaris
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello friends,

I never worked with blogs, so I did today and I always play around to see what is possible and what functions are available.

I created a new blog by 'Blog -> Actions -> Create a new blog' and gave the new blog a new name.

So far so good. I deleted the new blog since I did only for testing purposes, but the new blog is still visible in the drop down menu.

How can I get rid of that?

Since I did it for testing purposes I just wrote random things in that field and it really annoys me seeing it.

Best Regards,

Haris

unknown.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @byHaris. I'm happy to help you out with this!

To delete a blog you will want to go to Online store > Blog posts > Manage blogs. From here, you can either select the blog you want to delete and click Actions > Delete blogs or you can click on the blog name itself and then click Delete blog.

27-44-52322-97233

Were you considering sharing anything specific in your blogs? Blogs can really help you grow your brand and community so I wanted to share a few resources in case you were interested in starting one in the future. We've written some blog posts with great tips on this and content marketing in general.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to help further.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @byHaris. I'm happy to help you out with this!

To delete a blog you will want to go to Online store > Blog posts > Manage blogs. From here, you can either select the blog you want to delete and click Actions > Delete blogs or you can click on the blog name itself and then click Delete blog.

27-44-52322-97233

Were you considering sharing anything specific in your blogs? Blogs can really help you grow your brand and community so I wanted to share a few resources in case you were interested in starting one in the future. We've written some blog posts with great tips on this and content marketing in general.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to help further.

Erin | Shopify 

byHaris
Visitor
2 0 2

Thank you very much @Erin .

The solution worked for me, but only if you have an existing blog, otherwise you will not have the "Manage Blogs" function available.

Maybe this is something for you guys from Shopify to fix.

I had to create a blog, to see "Manage Blogs".

Best Regards,

Haris

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi @byHaris. I'm glad I was able to help you out!

You're correct that the Manage blogs button only appears if you have at least one blog post created. If you have no blog posts you would see this page instead:

28-04-93823-77826

For context, "blogs" in Shopify is the blog itself and "blog posts" are the individual entries posted to a specific blog. Typically if a store has no blog posts the feature isn't being used and there is no need to manage the blog. That being said, I understand why it would have been helpful in your situation and I'm happy to pass along that feedback!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Erin | Shopify 

admsolindo
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

what happens after i delete all the blogs, does all the posted blogs got deleted?

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi, @admsolindo. I'm happy to help! 

If you delete an individual blog post, that one blog post will be removed from your Shopify admin and online store. If you delete an entire blog, any blog posts that fall under that blog will be deleted from your Shopify admin and online store. You should see a warning explaining this before you can delete a blog.

Example of what happens when you delete an entire blog:

02-43-21768-43087

All that being said, if you have set up your online store to display a blog and then you delete the blog, you would need to customize your theme to fix how this appears. For example, if you have a menu item called "Blog" that customers click to see your blogs and then you delete that blog, the menu item will remain, but the page itself would be empty or appear unfinished.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Erin | Shopify 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36844 3636 11978

@byHaris 

yes just go to blog and manage blog then remove that

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing