Remove Delivery Instructions at Checkout

BCCOntario
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

Is there a way that I can remove the Delivery Instructions box under the shipping method at checkout? 

Many thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @BCCOntario!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

If you're seeing a Delivery Instructions box in your checkout, it sounds like you have local delivery set up for online orders. This can be done through either a local delivery app or directly within your Shopify admin. Are you wanting to simply remove the option for customers to include delivery instructions, or are you wanting to disable local delivery altogether?

If you want to remove local delivery altogether, and if you've set this up through Shopify, then you can remove this option by heading to Settings > Shipping and delivery > Local delivery > Manage. There, you'll just want to make sure that you uncheck the This location offers local delivery option for any location listed there. Once that's done, you should no longer see the Delivery Instructions box in your checkout and local delivery will no longer be an option for customers. 

If you've set up local delivery using an app, however, then you'll just need to look into the app settings or uninstall the app. Keep in mind that some apps may require additional uninstallation steps before the app can be completely removed from your online store. For this reason, it's a good idea to review your apps' help documentation to confirm if this is the case. You can generally find help documentation for third-party apps directly within the app itself, under a Support or Help section. 

If I've misunderstood your question, or if you are still experiencing issues removing this option, please reply here and include your store's URL. I'd be happy to take a look and offer some further guidance. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lmakris
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hello,

I have setup Local Delivery from shopify admin, not the app. My need is that I don't want the input to be shown under the local delivery carrier. Is there any setting to disable the input or can this be done via CSS?

Thanks in advance

lmakris
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

@Juliecan you please provide any advice whether the Local Delivery inputs can be hidden and the Local Delivery option remains active.

Thanks in advance

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @lmakris

This is Rae from Shopify. I'm helping out my colleague Julie with this thread, and I wanted to lend a hand with your question. 

To confirm, are you trying to remove the 'Delivery Instructions' box, while still keeping local delivery set up as an option on your site?

If not, can you please send me a few screenshots that show the inputs you're trying to remove? That way, I can help take a closer look into what's possible. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

lmakris
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hello @Rae ,

thank you for your response. I am pasting a screenshot with the input that I want to hide. It is inside the red box.

My issue is that, when I request an unfulfilled order, or any order from the admin API this information is not available in the returned order object, so I need to hide it as I cannot use it.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

delivery_instructions.jpg

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @lmakris

Thanks for getting back to me with these details. 

You may be able to remove the 'Delivery instructions' box entirely via coding by speaking with Shopify Experts. Experts are third-party developers and designers who have a lot of experience in creating custom code solutions for merchants using our platform, so reaching out to them about this request is a great idea. You can contact them via this link

If you don't wish to remove this option via coding, you can change the text that says 'Delivery instructions (optional)' to say something else instead. To do this, just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Shopify admin via this link
  2. Click on 'Online store > Themes' 
  3. Beside your current theme, click 'Actions > Edit languages' 
  4. This will open up the language editor, where you can search for 'Delivery instructions (optional)' in the 'Search translations' bar at the top of the page 
  5. Once the correct search result appears, you can edit this text to say whatever you prefer instead

However, it's important to note that the above option doesn't remove this input, rather it just changes the text that's shown on the input to customers. 

In terms of your point about the information not being available via the API you're using, I really recommend posting about this in our Shopify APIs and SDKs forum here for more information on this. The Community users who answer questions in this thread are very knowledgeable on APIs and should be able to assist you further. 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

IDpro
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm having the same issue, and appreciate the ideas you had, but unfortunately none of them seem to work.

I contacted Shopify experts to hire to remove the field, but was told it is not possible if you are on a Basic Shopify Plan - so unless you are on a Shopify Plus plan - this is not an option.

I tried the Edit Languages trick as well, the fields are all there, but when I save the changes, the checkout page still has the default text.  It's been a few hours, so I'm not sure if it's a caching issue of some sort - I've tried in multiple browsers and in Incognito mode and it always says Delivery Instructions (optional) instead of the language edit I replaced it with.

This is quite frustrating as customers are using this field and since it doesn't export our delivery people don't ever see this information.

florisjohn
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?