Can I remove the 'sale' tag from the debut theme on Shopify?

maternallyhappy
Explorer
46 0 11

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the 'sale' as shown below

I have the debut theme. 

maternallyhappy_0-1635891660802.png

Thank you in advance for your help,

Caitlin

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @maternallyhappy.

Thanks for bringing your question to our Community forums. I understand that you’re hoping to remove the 'sale' tag from your discounted products on your storefront. I’m happy to provide some suggestions. 

In order to achieve this, you will need to make some code customizations to your theme. You can find more information on this here: Editing theme code. If you are comfortable with coding, I’ve found a similar Community thread with some suggestions. 

If you're going to edit the code of your theme, I highly recommend duplicating your theme first and learning how to roll back to an older version of your theme. That way, you can reverse the changes if needed. 

Because you’re using a free Shopify theme, if you’re on the Basic Shopify plan or higher, then you receive 60 minutes of complimentary design support. If you don’t feel comfortable making these changes yourself, our Support team linked here may be able to help further with this. You can learn more about what types of customizations are available for your theme hereOtherwise, you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert to help you make this change as well. I suggest browsing the list of Experts that specialize in theme customizations.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business! How has everything been going? If there is anything else I can help with please let me know! 

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LitCommerce
Astronaut
2860 684 732

Hi @maternallyhappy,

Please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
- Step 2: Go to Assets > theme.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.product__price .price__badges{
  display: none !important;
}

Hope it helps!

LitCommerce - The Most Simple & Affordable Multi-channel Selling Tool.
Effortlessly sell on biggest marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Facebook etc with bulk listing tool, real-time sync & smart order management. Use LitCommerce free for 1-year now!