Solved

Remove tags from the « all product » page

petitlaurierco
Explorer
65 1 12

Hello everyone.

I'm all new to Shopify and I didn't know that all the product tags will be showing on the « all products » page « filter by » submenu.

So I was able to removed the tags from the product, thanks to this community. But they still show anyways on the « all products » filter submenu :

petitlaurierco_0-1636468309431.png

Can we remove them permanently ? I don't want those tags to show on this page or any other page.

Thank you in advance ! 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @petitlaurierco!

Happy to help you out! We appreciate you reaching out to the Community to get some assistance with your tag situation.

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see what you mean here, and I’m happy to show you how to disable that. Those tags are appearing in that menu currently because the option to use the tags to filter your collections is currently enabled. You can disable this by going into the theme editor and doing the following steps:

• Click the ‘Customize’ button on your live theme
  • Click the links to go to your ‘All Products’ / ‘Catalog’ Page
  • On the left hand side, click ‘Collection Pages’
  • On the left hand side, uncheck the box that says ‘enabled tag filtering’

The setting should look like this in your theme editor: 09-02-14969-14760

This will turn off that submenu so your tags won’t be visible on that page. Based on your screenshot, I can see that you are using the Debut theme. For future reference, here’s the help document for Debut. It covers all of the customizations and functionalities that are included in the theme.

If you want to go further and remove the tags entirely from your store, there is a help document that outlines the steps on how to do it. You can find that document here

Are you noticing your tags showing up anywhere else within your store? If you are, please let me know where and I’d be happy to help find a method of removing those for you. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @petitlaurierco!

Happy to help you out! We appreciate you reaching out to the Community to get some assistance with your tag situation.

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see what you mean here, and I’m happy to show you how to disable that. Those tags are appearing in that menu currently because the option to use the tags to filter your collections is currently enabled. You can disable this by going into the theme editor and doing the following steps:

• Click the ‘Customize’ button on your live theme
  • Click the links to go to your ‘All Products’ / ‘Catalog’ Page
  • On the left hand side, click ‘Collection Pages’
  • On the left hand side, uncheck the box that says ‘enabled tag filtering’

The setting should look like this in your theme editor: 09-02-14969-14760

This will turn off that submenu so your tags won’t be visible on that page. Based on your screenshot, I can see that you are using the Debut theme. For future reference, here’s the help document for Debut. It covers all of the customizations and functionalities that are included in the theme.

If you want to go further and remove the tags entirely from your store, there is a help document that outlines the steps on how to do it. You can find that document here

Are you noticing your tags showing up anywhere else within your store? If you are, please let me know where and I’d be happy to help find a method of removing those for you. 

petitlaurierco
Explorer
65 1 12

Thank you so much ! I was able to fix the issue thanks to you! Have a wonderful day!

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hi again, @petitlaurierco

Happy to hear that the information I provided seem to do the trick for you! 

If you come across anything else that you need assistance with, just let me know and I'll do what I can! 

All the best to you!