How can I add a repeater metafield to my product page?

Lucasmerlin10
Tourist
4 0 8

I would like to have a repeater metafield on my product addition page. What is the best way to do this?

Preferably I would like it to be with Shopify's native metafields.

Replies 8 (8)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

I really don't understand what you mean, but you can create metafields and get it out as per instructions: https://shopify.dev/api/liquid/objects/metafield
Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Lucasmerlin10
Tourist
4 0 8

I would like a field that whenever I press a button it would add more fields below it.

trevorm
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

Checking in from 2022 – we definitely still want a repeater field for the metafields. A place to group metafields/data and repeat it when you have custom/unique product pages that require varying levels of information

aliasmatti
Shopify Partner
2 0 8

Damn @Shopify, please. 

This is such a basic feature which is urgently needed. 
Please implement it in your core. Thank you. 

Managing one template per product is simply an inconvenience.

fideas
Shopify Partner
14 0 4

This would be a great feature! But in the meantime, I've discovered the ACF Metafields app does have this option: https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-custom-field

system
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Is this still missing in 2023?

LloydSpencer
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Does anyone know if this has been resolved? We're wanting to add FAQs to product pages. Each product will have a different amount of FAQs so we need repeater fields so we can specify the amount of questions required for a particular product. We don't want to have to create 20 custom question and custom answer fields per product and then most of them be blank.

jwhaley
Visitor
3 0 0

I have been waiting for ten years on a way to edit linklists programmatically, or even just in a git-trackable schema file. Never hold your breath when waiting for Shopify to add a bleedingly obvious feature, or you will die of suffocation.