Reports don't print correctly--they cut off the right side entirely

Reports don't print correctly--they cut off the right side entirely

suzanneharte
Visitor
3 0 4

I'm trying to print reports but the right side columns don't print. I don't see any options I can change on the report and nothing I've tried with my 2 printers--changing margins, scale, and orientation--has helped.

For example, I pull the report "sales over time," and all the data is on the web page, but when I select print the preview shows nothing after "additional fees," which leaves off the taxes and total sales.

Anyone have a fix?

Thank you,

-Mark Krikava

Shopify: Your service is a nightmare overall, this is just the latest problem. Please be better.

Replies 7 (7)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2987 462 612

Hi Mark, thank you for reaching out about this and for sharing your feedback here in the community. 

I took a look and I can see what you are saying about the formatting of the analytics reports when using the print option from within the admin. I found that changing the scale of the image to about 80% allowed for all the columns to fit on the page, regardless of page orientation. I recommend giving that a try on your end to see if it works for you. While an extra step, exporting the report to a CSV file may be easier to print and manage, especially if you are adding in additional columns of information on top of the standard number of them. 

I will be sharing your feedback about printing reports with our developers so we can make that more effective! 

You also had some feedback about our support team and I definitely want to learn more about your recent experiences. Have you had issues connecting with our support through our Help CenterOr an issue with a recent support interaction? 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ShaneTCC
Tourist
6 0 5

We have been having the exact same issue. Resizing the preview window does NOT solve the problem, it simply cuts off the data.

Our IT manager has uninstalled/reinstalled our browsers. He's tried different print drivers. This phenomenon happens in slightly different variations IN EVERY BROWSER we've tried: MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. This phenomenon ONLY happens in the Shopify Analytics/Reports.

Look, Shopify has made a lot of changes over recent past months, and they have caused all kinds of problems with our website's theme, many of our widgets and our apps. Whatever changes were made to the Analytics/Reports module, and it's obvious there were changes, it looks different -- those changes are NOT working with our printers. Period.

I tried getting Shopify Support to look into this, an initial chat was unsuccessful, because no one looked at the code. I'm going back to them now to escalate to the Technical Team. 

Melanie377
Visitor
2 0 4

We are having the same problem and it's a nightmare.

To be able to have all data on the same page, we have to do printscreen...which is ridiculous.

Exporting the reports in CSV doesn't give to totals of each line like it would give on the reports.

Please fix this... 

WDSC-Karen
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

We are having the exact same problem, and I find it quite curious that it just started today (03.22.2024). The left margin, in landscape mode, is at least 2 inches, and we can't find any way to adjust that. Decreasing the size to to make it fit on the page is NOT an option because the print is too small to read.

Has this problem been resolved?

WildfloraLA
Visitor
1 0 0

This is happening to our interface as well! The margin is taking up too much room. Nothing in printing settings is fixing the issue. Can someone advise if there is any other way this can be corrected. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2994 292 520

Hey, @WildfloraLA.

Thank you for joining the thread.

If you're unable to adjust the margins through the printer settings, we'd recommend getting in touch with an advisor so that we can log the issue or share this feedback with our Technical teams. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to assist you through live chats. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request.

If you have any other questions on this topic, then don't hesitate to let us know. 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AdamCassie
Visitor
1 0 4

Having the same problem. It is extremely annoying that with every update Shopify seems to implement, it creates more problems rather than make it easier to navigate. Scaling down printing to 80% or printing in landscape is NOT a solution as it makes the printed reports data too small to read.