FROM CACHE - en_header

Resizing images on the dawn theme

fljdak
Tourist
11 0 2

I'm currently using the dawn theme and dealing with quite a few images that have a really big height and a small width and would like to essentially downscale images in the product page so that it fits into a 1080 by 1080 or 1920 by 1080 placeholder. Is there a way i can achieve this by editing the code?

Replies 5 (5)
ZestardTech
Shopify Expert
3916 664 913

Hello There,

Please share your store URL and Password.
So that I will check and let you know the exact solution here.

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
fljdak
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi, thanks for the reply but unfortunately I'm not able to provide the website url but am able to give you a better understanding of what I'm looking for. So I've created an example store and ill attach a screenshot below and basically would like that image to fit into a 1080 by 1080 space so it doesn't appear massive and I would like it so that the image gets downscaled so it fits in that area. I'm using the dawn theme and all my product images have a white background.

Thanks

random tree.PNG

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 837 797

Hi @fljdak ,

To change you follow the instruction:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/base.css->paste below code at the bottom of the file:

.product__modal-opener--image {
    max-height: 1080px;
    overflow: hidden;
}

I hope it would help you.

AVADA - Top Rated App for Email, SMS, Popups

Check our website for full features and start a FREE TRIAL.
Install another app to boost sales, 100% FREE

fljdak
Tourist
11 0 2

hi i tried pasting the code at the bottom of base.css but it didn't work

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2825 538 769

@fljdak 

Unfortunately without seeing the website we are unable to provide accurate help, we're working in the dark. You can share a temporary URL with the developers in the forum that will expire later on.

If privacy is crucial, I am afraid that the most viable alternative would be hiring a developer to work alongside with you.

Kind regards,
Diego