Responsive Theme 2.0 - Add to Cart button not working

JENLYNN
4 0 0

I recently updated my website version to Responsive 2.0....When clicking on "add to cart" the button does nothing. When in "quick shop" the items are added just fine, but it doesn't seem to be working in the normal product screen. Please advise! 

@Moira 

www.JENLYNNstockshop.com

Jenny

Replies 4 (4)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
914 117 149

Hey @JENLYNN,

I have just taken a look at your website and am having the same issue. Our theme support team will want to investigate this further and check to ensure your updated theme doesn't have a bug. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JENLYNN
4 0 0

Thank you! I think I figured out my problem. My product page template was set to "detail-description" and when I changed it to a new page template that I created for products titled "products" the button seems to work again. In the process of changing over all the page templates for each product now... almost done.

Does it work on your end? Are you able to add products to the cart?

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
914 117 149

That's great to hear @JENLYNN! I just added multiple items to the cart successfully so the product page template was certainly the cause. 

You can also head to Products -> checkbox to select all products and then click 'select all products'. Then click 'edit products' -> click 'add fields' -> select 'template'. You can then change the template for all products and click save. I know it's not 'bulk', but much faster than opening, editing, and saving one by one.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JENLYNN
4 0 0

Yay!! Yes I did do the “select all” feature but it only selects 50 at a time and I have over 600 😜. It was pretty painless. Glad I didn’t have to do all one by one! 😵💫 thanks for your help and confirming the button works on your end. I appreciate your customer service! *****