Solved

Routes is not defined - Dawn Template

hnt88
Tourist
6 0 2

Clicking the Add button cause this issue:

Uncaught ReferenceError: routes is not defined
at ProductForm.onSubmitHandler (product-form.js?v=106714731521289003461653532105:33:16)

Current code that it takes me to shows the error lies in the following:

fetch(`${routes.cart_add_url}`, config)
.then((response) => response.json())
.then((response) => {
if (response.status) {
this.handleErrorMessage(response.description);

I haven't changed any of the coding at all so I'm not sure what has happened.

Accepted Solution (1)
made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

This is an accepted solution.

Not sure if making a difference but can you try this code instead of the routes.cart_add_url

fetch(window.Shopify.routes.root + 'cart/add.js', config)

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @hnt88,

Follow the example code provided by shopify. You need to add the variantID (or productID if no variant), and the quantity. Refer to documentation here

let formData = {
 'items': [{
  'id': 36110175633573,
  'quantity': 2
  }]
};

fetch(window.Shopify.routes.root + 'cart/add.js', {
  method: 'POST',
  headers: {
    'Content-Type': 'application/json'
  },
  body: JSON.stringify(formData)
})
.then(response => {
  return response.json();
})
.catch((error) => {
  console.error('Error:', error);
});

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Oh by bad. I thought you are writing a fetch function. You might have miss some comma or semi-colon. If you did not change much on the product-form.js. I recommend, to add a new Dawn theme. Copy the product-form.js contents and replace the product-form.js contents in your old theme.

hnt88
Tourist
6 0 2

@made4Uo All good. I've just tried to do a exact copy of the product-form new Dawn theme and replaced it on my old theme and nothing had changed. So I'm not sure what else could've happened.

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

This is an accepted solution.

Not sure if making a difference but can you try this code instead of the routes.cart_add_url

fetch(window.Shopify.routes.root + 'cart/add.js', config)

hnt88
Tourist
6 0 2

@made4Uo you absolute legend! Seems like the template had incorrect coding from the start. Your solution fixed it!

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Glad to know

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Actually, this routes were set in the theme.liquid. 

S90
Visitor
1 0 1

Perfect solution! Worked like a charm. 😎

NB: I'm using Sense theme.