Sales tax set up but not collecting

SweetJulesVegan
Visitor
2 0 0

I have Shopify set up to collect sales tax in my state and each product has the “collect sales tax” box checked. When I create a manual order, tax is automatically added in. But when a customer does it on their own through my store, taxes aren’t being added. What’s the deal here? I’ve had a bunch of sales this month and I’m going to have to dish out the tax on my own due to this error.

Any ideas?

Reply 1 (1)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1130 123 288

My initials thoughts are that one of the following issues are occurring: 

• not all of your products have the 'collect sales tax' box checked within their product settings (note: each individual product variant has it's own checkbox for charging taxes, so for products with multiple variants, you'd need to make sure each variant has taxes enabled). 
  • the customers purchasing from your site aren't from the location that you've set up taxes for. 

If you can provide some screenshots of your settings, as well as a link to your store, then I'd be happy to take a look and test your checkout, to see if it's working on my end. 

Also if you could provide a screenshot of an order where taxes should be charged, but aren't being charged (with the customer's name, email, phone, and street address blurred out -- so we only see the product purchased + city/state/country of the order + order totals), then that would also help with troubleshooting the issue. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

Hire me for your Shopify project @ stephens.world | support@stephensworld.ca