Search error

Equris
1 0 0

hi, where ever I use the search bar in my store it never comes up with product results. on occasions it may come up with pages, like about us or our story or terms of service...but never any product, even if I put the direct product name. Also it doesn't make suggestions while typing either.

can someone tell me how to fix this please.

www.equrisclothing.com is the website and the theme is Dawn

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Moderator
540 78 104

Hi, @Equris 

Welcome the to Shopify Community. Sorry to hear your search function isn't working as expected. Thanks for sharing your store URL, I can see what you mean! 

Some questions for you: 

• Have you done some custom coding on your store? 
  • How did you add your products to your store? Are you using a third party app to import products? 
  • Are you using any third party apps that you think might be interfering with the product pages, or search function? 

My recommendation is to try to see if you can replicate this problem on a fresh version of the Dawn theme. To do this, add the latest version of Dawn to your store. From there, on the fresh version, under Online store > Themes, click Actions > Preview. Try searching for your products on this fresh copy, what happens?  

Note: this won't change your current theme as long as you don't click Publish; it will simply add another (new, unedited copy) of Dawn to your store.

I did some testing on my own test store and when I preview my store using Dawn, I'm not having any issues searching for products. This means some custom coding, or an app is likely interfering with the search function. Let us know how this all goes!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog