Solved

Selling CBD products on Shopify

RotateJG
Visitor
3 0 2

Hello,

I've been looking into a few solutions for selling CBD products on Shopify and Viva wallet looks like a good plug-in to achieve this. 

https://developer.vivawallet.com/e-commerce-plugins/shopify/

The issue we're having is whether it's possible to enable/ disable a different payment provider for certain products as our client only has small number of CBD products currently (and a huge product catalogue outside of this), if anyone knows a way around this I'd be keen to know more.

Thanks,

Jason.

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Jason!

June here from Shopify. Hope you're doing well today. 

May I ask where your business is located? 

Thanks for sharing the link you have - Viva Wallet's team has done a great job of laying out those set up steps. As they've mentioned (below), it will not be possible to enable multiple payment gateways to process credit card payments. 

4. Remove any other payment gateway that handles card payments. Shopify does not allow multiple card payment providers (you may leave PayPal there if you wish).

I definitely appreciate why you'd be curious to do so, since as you've said, your CBD products will only make up a small portion of your entire product catalog. While it is not currently possible to designate products to different payment gateways, I'm more than happy to pass this feedback on to our developer team, as you've raised a very fair use case here. 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Jason!

June here from Shopify. Hope you're doing well today. 

May I ask where your business is located? 

Thanks for sharing the link you have - Viva Wallet's team has done a great job of laying out those set up steps. As they've mentioned (below), it will not be possible to enable multiple payment gateways to process credit card payments. 

4. Remove any other payment gateway that handles card payments. Shopify does not allow multiple card payment providers (you may leave PayPal there if you wish).

I definitely appreciate why you'd be curious to do so, since as you've said, your CBD products will only make up a small portion of your entire product catalog. While it is not currently possible to designate products to different payment gateways, I'm more than happy to pass this feedback on to our developer team, as you've raised a very fair use case here. 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RotateJG
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi June,

Thanks for your response.

The business is located in the UK, however, we do also have a US store setup for them on Shopify. 

It would be great if you could pass this on to your dev team. 

Regards, 

Jason. 

izani
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Michelle, 

I am selling a CBD face product and PayPal is not allowing me to accept payments anymore. I need a payment method that accepts CBD within the legal limit, for topical use only.

Thank you 

izani
Visitor
2 0 0

my shop is izanibeauty