Solved

How can I set SEO HTags for my online jewelry store?

greeney2k1
Shopify Partner
28 1 7

Hi 

I am looking to set the HTags on my store and not sure how to complete this, would someone let me know how I can set this? 

Website = https://belledesoiree.com/

I am looking to complete 

H1- We hand pick our Jewellery to ensure that we offer the best quality

H2- Shop 18k Gold –925 Silver Fine Jewellery, Statement Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces & rings for the Party

H3 - A selection of the best Jewelery accessories selected by us at BelleDeSoiree.

H4 - Celebrations and gifts Ideas

Accepted Solution (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @greeney2k1,

Shopify's themes team does not recommend adding header tags to your theme's code, nor does it support doing so, as Shopify-made themes are already optimized for SEO purposes and missing H1 or other header tags has no negative bearing on a store's SEO when on the Shopify platform.

The H1 tag typically just indicates the largest or most important header on the page, but not having one should have no negative impact for your store as the page's content will still be well organized and structured. Please bear in mind that some third-party SEO tools may flag this as an issue on Shopify stores, but as these tools are very much a "one size fits all" in their appraisals of a website's SEO performance, their recommendations are likely to be outdated and inaccurate for Shopify stores.

I would recommend checking out our own documentation on optimizing your site's SEO, as there is information and recommendations here that can help.

That said, if you still do want to add a header tags to your homepage, the theme.liquid file in your theme is where you will find the headings. The location of those tags differs based on which theme you're using, so if you're not comfortable editing this yourself, I would recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @greeney2k1,

Shopify's themes team does not recommend adding header tags to your theme's code, nor does it support doing so, as Shopify-made themes are already optimized for SEO purposes and missing H1 or other header tags has no negative bearing on a store's SEO when on the Shopify platform.

The H1 tag typically just indicates the largest or most important header on the page, but not having one should have no negative impact for your store as the page's content will still be well organized and structured. Please bear in mind that some third-party SEO tools may flag this as an issue on Shopify stores, but as these tools are very much a "one size fits all" in their appraisals of a website's SEO performance, their recommendations are likely to be outdated and inaccurate for Shopify stores.

I would recommend checking out our own documentation on optimizing your site's SEO, as there is information and recommendations here that can help.

That said, if you still do want to add a header tags to your homepage, the theme.liquid file in your theme is where you will find the headings. The location of those tags differs based on which theme you're using, so if you're not comfortable editing this yourself, I would recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert.

greeney2k1
Shopify Partner
28 1 7

interesting, thanks Victor I appreciate your response 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @greeney2k1,

No problem at all. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them here.