Solved

How can I share a checkout link on a website version?

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

On the IOS app there is a option to share a checkout link as shown in the photo below.  Is there a way to get the same link on the website version?   Thank you in advance for the help

219947677_412290056785969_5948220389869138789_n.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for these details, @jpack84. This helps me understand where you’re currently at right now and how I can help. 

Here are some of my insights:

If you’re looking to sell on Facebook then I would recommend taking a look at our Facebook sales channel, which would allow you to sell your products on Facebook & Instagram and save you the time and effort it takes to create a draft order for each order (as you mentioned you have a lot of products) and your customers will be able to checkout these products on their own.

You will also be able to create Facebook ad campaigns from your Shopify admin. The Facebook channel has one product catalog for Facebook Marketing, Instagram Shopping and Facebook Shop. All products in your catalog are available to all three features. Here is our help doc where you can learn more about setting up the Facebook channel.

Once you’ve uploaded your products, you can make it so that the products are only available on the sales channels you wish to have them available. For example, if you are looking to only have product A available on Facebook, you can unpublish the product from all other sales channels, and only make it available on Facebook. If you make a product unavailable, then the product will be unavailable on all three features of the Facebook Channel. Here is our help doc with the steps to help: Publish products on Facebook.

If you’re currently uploading your products separately, I recommend uploading your products through importing product CSVs (comma-seperated values) so that you can save yourself some time and energy. These are spreadsheet files that you can add product information in, and once they have been uploaded, the data in the files will convert into products on your store. Here is our help doc with a video and the steps of how you can import products, and with instructions on what to do if there are any problems with importing products: Importing products with a CSV.

I also appreciate you letting me know about the option on PayPal, I’ve submitted these details to our developers so that they are aware. Did I understand your current situation correctly? 

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @jpack84. 

Tira here to help. 

Thanks for reaching out and for your screenshot of your mobile app’s screen. This is helpful.

This is expected, you can share a checkout link on the Shopify mobile app for a draft order, but sharing a checkout link on an Order in the Shopify admin (website version) isn’t available. As a workaround, I recommend sending an invoice or sharing a checkout link through the Product page of the product that you want your customer to checkout. Here is our help doc with the steps to create a checkout link. With checkout links, you can also add the option to checkout with a specific payment method or add a discount code for your customer.

As checkout link sharing isn’t available for draft orders on the Shopify admin, I would be happy to send this as a suggestion to our developers so that they are aware of how we can help you and all of our merchants succeed. If we do move forward with this, we will post an update in our changelog or announcements page.

I would also love to know, why is it important to have this checkout link available on the website version for your business? I would love to share this with our developers so that they and myself can understand your needs. 

Chat soon,

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

Tira,  Thanks for the reply. 

We post some products on Facebook and not necessarily on the website.  For example, I sell tumblers with 150+ different designs.  Due to not wanting to sit here and add 150+ individual products, or create enough variants, We post pictures of the product on Facebook and if someone is interested in purchasing one, we go into shopify and create a draft order using a generic product.    We then created  the draft order and email it over to the customer, if we have their information. 

Pervious to shopify, we used paypal and there was a option to create a link that took you right to the pay invoice webpage, where the customer could pay for their invoice.  I was looking for the same option.  Like i said the mobile app has the feature, and It would be beneficial for it to be on the website as well.

As for the suggestion you mentioned, I do not have the buy button option added.  I will look into that option tomorrow and see if it beneficial to add.   If you have any other questions or comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you

Thank you

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for these details, @jpack84. This helps me understand where you’re currently at right now and how I can help. 

Here are some of my insights:

If you’re looking to sell on Facebook then I would recommend taking a look at our Facebook sales channel, which would allow you to sell your products on Facebook & Instagram and save you the time and effort it takes to create a draft order for each order (as you mentioned you have a lot of products) and your customers will be able to checkout these products on their own.

You will also be able to create Facebook ad campaigns from your Shopify admin. The Facebook channel has one product catalog for Facebook Marketing, Instagram Shopping and Facebook Shop. All products in your catalog are available to all three features. Here is our help doc where you can learn more about setting up the Facebook channel.

Once you’ve uploaded your products, you can make it so that the products are only available on the sales channels you wish to have them available. For example, if you are looking to only have product A available on Facebook, you can unpublish the product from all other sales channels, and only make it available on Facebook. If you make a product unavailable, then the product will be unavailable on all three features of the Facebook Channel. Here is our help doc with the steps to help: Publish products on Facebook.

If you’re currently uploading your products separately, I recommend uploading your products through importing product CSVs (comma-seperated values) so that you can save yourself some time and energy. These are spreadsheet files that you can add product information in, and once they have been uploaded, the data in the files will convert into products on your store. Here is our help doc with a video and the steps of how you can import products, and with instructions on what to do if there are any problems with importing products: Importing products with a CSV.

I also appreciate you letting me know about the option on PayPal, I’ve submitted these details to our developers so that they are aware. Did I understand your current situation correctly? 

Cheers,

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

@Tira Thank you for the response back.  You have understood my situation correctly.  Hopefully the developers will be able to add that feature in the future.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

I'm so glad to hear that I could help! If we do move forward with this we will list it in our changelog or annoucements page (linked in my earlier post) to inform you and all of our merchants of this change. In the meantime, the workarounds I mentioned earlier should help, or you can continue sharing checkout links to your customers through the Shopify mobile app. 

If any other thoughts come up after our conversation today, please feel free to reply to this thread. We're always open to hearing what you have to say. 

Cheers,