Sharing shop on social media with inaccurate photo

urbantis
Shopify Partner
186 0 55

Hi, I have this shop https://woof-and-luxe.myshopify.com/

I added a photo on the social media sharing preferences. But, when I share the link on social media instead of showing the image I added (which is the store logo), it's sharing an image I have with the facebook icon on the bottom of the page, this image, the facebook icon, is a custom html code that I added for clients to click and go to facebook, but I do not know why the system is taking this photo as relevant and not the one I added on preferences. How can I fix that when I share the link on social media it uses the correct image and not the facebook one?

Thanks for your help.

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hey, @urbantis!

The social media image settings may have just taken some time to register the change you made, but it looks like it's working now. I texted myself the link to your store and I see the logo. Here's what it looks like both in light and dark mode on iOS:

05-08-76640-20738

05-09-24508-62367

If you're still seeing a different image, try checking for software updates and/or restarting your device(s). Let me know if you see the logo once you send the link again.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

urbantis
Shopify Partner
186 0 55

Thanks for your reply, it's not yet working for me and my client. I am trying to share it on facebook and I get the image as discussed before bu not the logo. Where did you try it? In facebook does not seem to be working.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Thanks for following up, @urbantis!

I had texted the myshopify URL to myself on iMessage. The image was already updated there, indicating your settings saved successfully.

I can see that the social sharing image still hasn't updated on Facebook. This may be because Facebook doesn't check for updates daily. I've just entered both the myshopify URL and the custom domain name into Facebook Sharing Debugger to see if that will prompt Facebook to refresh the information for this store. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn also offer previewing tools that you can find here: Previewing your images.

Are you setting up Facebook Shop with your client as well?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog