Shopify Duplicate SEO Headings

theecobasket
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi guys,

Im wondering has anybody got the answer to fix an obvious error with Duplicate titles that appear on SEO?

I run my SEO reports every so often and my findings are the same when it comes to H2-H3 headings that some of my products on the main page appear to show up as duplicate headings on my SEO report hence it says that i have 34 headings on my main page when in reality I have 5.

I contacted shopify support regarding this and its not something they provide help with but it is affecting my SEO and i cant seem to find anything about fixing it. (Please note im no expert in code) but I just need help to fix it. I have attached a picture for reference.

Kind regards

Niall

Untitled.png

Replies 3 (3)

JoshHighland
Shopify Expert
174 10 65

Hi Niall, 

Its good that you are checking your SEO efforts. So many merchants do not.

I suspecting that this is duplication is happening on collection pages. Am I correct?

I'm happy to take a look for you. Can you post the URL to an example where this is happening?

SEO Manager - The FREE all-in-One SEO solution for Shopify
A powerful suite of SEO tools that gets you found in Google results

- Install SEO Manager -
theecobasket
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Josh,

The duplication itself is not specific  to collections, it seems that it is happening with individual products, blog titles and even country / region, it automatically categorizes them then into H2 - H3 headers in the SEO .

I don't know why it is happening and it seems whenever I run the SEO report it flags it up RED as a major problem to fix. Shopify have identified that is it happen but again they cannot help as they said they have to raise it to the developer.

My website url is https://www.theecobasket.com

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Niall

JoshHighland
Shopify Expert
174 10 65

Yes, Im seeing H2 tags all over the place. This is a theme issue for sure, and as Shopify pointed out, you need a developer to assist in this. My advice is to replace the h2 tags with another tag, but adjust the CSS to retain the look and dimensions. 

I don't see this as being a major task that would take a developer long to handle

SEO Manager - The FREE all-in-One SEO solution for Shopify
A powerful suite of SEO tools that gets you found in Google results

- Install SEO Manager -