Shopify Facebook App error "another item with the same retailer id was already uploaded...

Solved

We are getting products erring out with this message

"another item with the same retailer id was already uploaded to this catalog"

We are getting it on products from retailers we have carried for a long time.  
I have tried to report it via the 'report a problem' function with no results.

Can anyone shed any light on what causes this error and how to address it?
The product still gets sent to Facebook, so I am not sure how to 'clear' it in Shopify Facebook app?  The product is not flagged with an error in Facebook.

Thanks

Priyadarshini_T
Tourist
5 0 0

Same here we are getting same error

Did you figure out a wayy to fix it?

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Good Morning @Priyadarshini_T 

No, I have not heard anything back from Shopify Facebook support on this. 
I submitted a request mid-month. 

I did check the products in the Facebook catalog, and the products are going over anyway and can have ads run against them,
and we are able sell thru them.

That's what we care about.  So I'm just ignoring them, but don't appreciate having to wade through them to
get to the category errors.  Which is a whole other thorn in the side   (sorry, I'm venting a bit)

So, I wouldn't waste any more time than we already do on these things. 
Have a great day

PCLW
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm having the same issue with this, it's not allowing the items to be make it the Instagram shop for product tagging. Did anyone get an answer from Shopify? 

0 Likes
ebburtner
Tourist
18 0 1

I am also having this same issue and can't find a fix for it. 

0 Likes
arussman
5 0 0

Same problem here. How is this solved if there was no solution presented?

0 Likes

@PCLW  Hello,

We used to have over 40 of our products flagged with this error and I see that number doing down without us making any changes to the products. I never got an explanation of the error or resolution.
So, maybe they are doing something on it. I have just let them sit there and now I see they are dwindling in numbers.

We did go into our Facebook catalog via Business Suite / Commerce Manager / Assets and searched on the products that were flagged with this error in Shopify, and the products were there and
marked eligible for Ads both in Facebook and Instagram (meaning they have a green dot next to them).  That is all I really do to double check things in FB.  Not sure how right it is, though.  We only
cared if we could advertise it.  Since we could...we just let it alone

Double check everything on the Facebook side and make sure everything looks good. Maybe there is something else 'off' on that side?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Priyadarshini_T
Tourist
5 0 0

The problem is when we are trying to add them in our product category for "Facebook live shopping" , they are showing an error

Also, when a product is sold out on shopify, and we delete it on shopify, it still shows on Facebook catalog. I have to manually go and delete those products. Shouldn't they get deleted "automatically"?

0 Likes
arussman
5 0 0

I have these same issues with no resolve.

0 Likes
ebburtner
Tourist
18 0 1

@arussman @donnamac @Priyadarshini_T @PCLW 

I did notice on my Facebook Commerce Manager that I have 3 different "Business Assets" in the drop down below my business name. 

Just below where it says Facebook Commerce Manager is your business name with a drop down and then below that is another drop down and that's where I have 3 different Business Assets. I am wondering if that's the problem. Each one has a different amount of product. 2 of the 3 have the same items that are giving me the error.

0 Likes