Shopify Inbox - Remove "can I get an update on my order status"

fancy8833
Visitor
3 0 0

How can I remove the "can I get an update on my order status?" auto message? I do not want this to be an option for people to select or ask with auto messages. Please advise

Replies 16 (16)

David_Weru
Shopify Partner
177 16 43

Hello, @fancy8833 

If you download your theme code locally and string search that phrase, you can find the section file or snippet it belongs to.

From there, you can find if there's a section setting which can hide, change, or remove it entirely.

If you'd like further assistance, please let me know.

fancy8833
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes please I need further assistance. I downloaded the theme file but do not know what to do from there. Any way you can help would be so greatly appreciated. 

David_Weru
Shopify Partner
177 16 43

Hello, @fancy8833 

I charge for theme modification, I can walk you through it.

Download the code,

Download an Ide -> https://code.visualstudio.com/  (this is an example one that I think is useful)

Open the folder the theme code is in (unzip first)

Search (the magnifying glass icon) that phrase.

On the results you get, search for "section name" in the file.

If you can find the section name, go look for it in the theme settings -If you can find it, change it there.

If you can't, you can go back in the file and carefully comment out or change that message.

--If you are unconfortable with this last part, reach out for a developer, or if you'd like message me, and I can do this for a small fee--

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

@fancy8833 

Where is this showing up? If this is showing within your website you have two options:

Option 1: Navigate to online store > Actions > Edit Language:

diego_ezfy_0-1629333969825.png

See if you can find the text you mention there and then remove it.

Option 2: you can use a Google Chrome Extension like this to search for that piece of text in the the code files and remove it. 

If it's showing elsewhere we will need more information regarding where it's showing up and also screenshots to be able to further assist you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets and save money.
fancy8833
Visitor
3 0 0

It's on the new shopify inbox "chat with us" widget. I don't want people to be able to select "can I get an update on my order status". But it is set up automatically in the shopify inbox app and does not allow me to change or remove it. 

fancy8833_0-1629337267946.png

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 890

@fancy8833 

I see.

In this case it wouldn't be achieved through custom coding, you will need to contact the app developers to check whether there is a way to customize these options. There may be some option in the app's admin panel to edit these options.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials.
◦ Replace apps with copy/paste code snippets and save money.

BenHes89
Tourist
8 0 2

Did you ever find a solution to this? It's driving me crazy as it doesn't apply to my business either...

Dean_Swanepoel
Shopify Expert
6 0 3

I contacted Shopify Support and was told that it cannot be changed, this seems a bit stupid to have a random piece of text that serves no purpose and cannot be changed or removed...

Dan_Wiseman1
Shopify Expert
12 0 0

Agreed. This is very silly to have some default text in their chat system that we can't change.

ISODelivery
Tourist
3 0 1

I need this answer too. The Track My Order option does not apply to my business and really want it to be removed.

pit1
Shopify Partner
46 0 9

Same problem... i have tried to add this code..

$("#ShopifyChat").contents().find(" button.instant-answers-list__prompt:first-of-type").hide()

partialy works.. the problem if the customer return in chat it reappears..

Dean_Swanepoel
Shopify Expert
6 0 3

It's crazy that after almost a year Shopify has still not fixed its own app. This is a blatant error and does not apply to all users yet they refuse to remove it. I simply have all my clients install Tidio instead of Inbox which is really a poor channel.

pit1
Shopify Partner
46 0 9

it has the same function of inbox?

thx... (the script that i have post doesn't work... boh i don't know why)

Dean_Swanepoel
Shopify Expert
6 0 3
pit1
Shopify Partner
46 0 9

Thx.. I'll try.

However... why is so difficult to remove a simple  button?

marthove
Visitor
2 0 4

Now it can actually be removed.

For anyone wondering how:

You need to go to the Shopify inbox menu on the left of your dashboard, then instead of going to instant answers, like what would be the logical option, you instead need to go to the Chat settings menu item and scroll down to instant answers on that page instead. There you can disable this annoying button.