Shopify Inbox

peterballa
2 0 1

Hi,

I am thrilled to use the new 'Shopify inbox' app, but the store language is unsupported and some text is appearing in English (the app reverts back to the default language).

Could someone help me where can I edit/change the English language text's for 'Shopify inbox'? I don't mind editing the code.

More precisely I would like to edit the texts: 'Chat with us' and 'Message us'

Thanks a lot for the help!

Br,

Peter

Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 58 99

Hi, @peterballa.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I really appreciate your enthusiasm about Shopify Inbox. Our team is excited about it too.

Shopify Inbox uses the same language for the online store chat as your theme language. It is expected behavior for the online chat to default to English if the language isn't currently supported. What language is your store set to? While there isn't a way to translate the text that has defaulted to English, I would like to make sure that our developers are aware of what language(s) you would like to see available in the future.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
cielo
2 0 0

So.. basically our clients would see a two-language chat

My shop language is set Romanian.  

0 Likes
peterballa
2 0 1

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for helping out! My store uses the Serbian language as the default language. 

You can also suggest to the developers to make every text editable, this way everyone could localize it to its own native language.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 58 99

@cielo wrote:

So.. basically our clients would see a two-language chat

My shop language is set Romanian.  

Thanks for letting me know, @cielo! I have submitted a request to our developers on your behalf to let them know that you'd like to see Romanian included in our list of supported languages. While I cannot guarantee if and when changes may take place, we'll keep you posted on any updates in the Shopify Changelog.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
910 58 99

@peterballa wrote:

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for helping out! My store uses the Serbian language as the default language. 

You can also suggest to the developers to make every text editable, this way everyone could localize it to its own native language.

Cheers,

Peter

Thank you for sharing this feedback, Peter! I've submitted a request to our developers on your behalf. Though I'm unable to guarantee which changes will be made, I know that our developers are always looking for ways to improve the product and that they'll greatly appreciate your input. Please keep an eye out for any updates on the Shopify Changelog.

0 Likes