Why can't I access my Shopify POS app due to a MerchantKit error?

MrMisfitNola
Tourist
4 0 7

Hello, for about 3 months Ive been trying to access my Shopify Pos app. Every time I try to log in the following pops up, " The operation couldn't be completed. (MerchantKit.StartUpTaskError error 0). 

Can someone please help me because I really need the POS app to help keep track of sales and to also make in person sales with cash.

Replies 20 (20)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @MrMisfitNola 

Hope you're having a great day!

Useful resource:

Troubleshooting the Shopify POS app

MrMisfitNola
Tourist
4 0 7

Okay, so basically I can't even log into the Shopify POS app. Every-time I attempt to log in, it prompts me to the next step which is, "Selecting a location to sell from." After selecting the location I am then asked to, "Chose my display mode." After choosing my display mode, "Can't access store" pops up. Underneath that is "The operation couldn't be completed.(MerchantKit.StartupTaskError error 0.) I've tried to follow the steps from
"Troubleshooting the Shopify POS app" but I get jammed up every-time at the "Resync Shopify POS with your Shopify admin" step. What should I do?

petitepalm
Tourist
3 0 2

I am having the new issue after getting a new iPhone 11 and trying to use the app.  Have you found a solution?

MeredithJ
Excursionist
23 0 19

Having the same issue! Any solutions yet?

MeredithJ
Excursionist
23 0 19

Uninstall the POS app restart your device re download and log in- works like a charm 

petitepalm
Tourist
3 0 2

Troubleshooting doesn't work.  I have tried everything. Please help. 

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @petitepalm @MrMisfitNola 

Hope you're having a great day!

Perhaps you should contact Shopify support on this webpage with your store ID:https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/login

Live chat or email: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

chandrasekhar
Excursionist
62 1 6

Hi @MrMisfitNola 

The Shopify Local Delivery app can be used from both the Shopify admin and the Shopify mobile app, as long as you have local delivery set up in your store. Merchants can use it to create order lists, map delivery locations, and optimize delivery routes. Shopify POS Local Delivery App will help store owners to deliver products with the help of POS and can also manage delivery order status. They can also add time slots at the time of order for product delivery.

If you need any help and support you may contact us.

alanbozzano
Visitor
1 0 10

I had the same problem with a new iPad i got it. I uninstalled the pos app, restarted the iPad and installed the app again and it works! Nothing on the troubleshooting page worked.

MeredithJ
Excursionist
23 0 19

THIS WORKED 

THANKS !

Lemuette
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes. Definitely delete app and reinstall. I had this error happen after updating to new iPhone 12 from 7. Worked just fine on my iPad still. 

happy sales everyone!

CorpenBarcelona
Visitor
1 0 1

@alanbozzano's reply here also work worked for me. Uninstall app, restart device (iphone 11 for me) and reinstall app. Thanks!

chwheatley
Tourist
9 0 12

me too

What is the solution?

PureandSimple
Visitor
1 0 0
That worked. Thank you!
po_theads
Visitor
1 0 0

This fixed the issue for me. Was not able to connect for months with an iPhone 13 pro.

Delete and reinstall did the trick!

eurocustomspr
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks, this worked!

Unaas
Excursionist
46 0 12

That quick fix worked for me too

JoeTackleswap
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked for me as well on my iPhone 13, basically upgrading iOS seems to break the Shopify POS app so you have to delete it completely and then re-download and login a second time, it worked on my device that way after months of not working.

Martelloalley
Visitor
1 0 0

Worked for me! Thanks!

AlphaGenMike
Visitor
1 0 0

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling worked for me. This happened when I upgraded to a newer iPhone. After doing what I mentioned above and logging in, no problems anymore.