Shopify Prestige Theme - 404 Errors on Product Pages

Shopify Prestige Theme - 404 Errors on Product Pages

theithei
Excursionist
33 2 10

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a significant issue with my Shopify website running the Prestige 7.3.3 theme. After conducting a site audit using ahrefs, I discovered over 500 errors, primarily stemming from not-found pages (404/4xx Errors). These errors seem to be predominantly affecting product pages.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that many of these problematic links contain "%20". Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, I'd greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you might have found.

To give you a clearer picture, here's a screenshot showcasing one of the faulty links from the ahrefs report:

image.png

Any advice or assistance on resolving this matter would be immensely helpful. Thanks in advance for your time and support!

Best regards

Reply 1 (1)

PaulMartin
Shopify Partner
250 39 72

Hey Theithei,

"%20" is an identifier and decodes to " "(space), like the spacebar. This usually comes up when searching stuff in a webpage, try google for example.

In Shopify, you can change the URL of your product. That URL will always be in this format: your-store.com/products/your-desired-end-url

What happened, maybe, is that when the product's URL got edited, someone added a space in there. Like:

your-store.com/products/product A

Which then transforms to(when visiting the page:

your-store.com/products/product%20A

So, try checking that product's URL, see if it has a space in there. You can edit the product's URL in the admin.

https://www.heycarson.com/blog/how-to-change-your-url-on-shopify-step-by-step-guide/

Open to help people out, just email me here or tag me by using "@" when posting your comment