Shopify "403 Forbidden cloudflare" error message appearing after website working for months

Shopify "403 Forbidden cloudflare" error message appearing after website working for months

benstones
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there, I manage a website for a client (www.flashingtape.uk).

I've just been alerted that it's displaying a 403 error and can't work out why this can be? The site has been working for months without any issues and the domain settings haven't been altered. All I can assume is there is a misconfiguration at Shopify's end?

Are you able to investigate why this is happening please? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ben

Replies 3 (3)

benstones
Tourist
3 0 2

UPDATE

Looks like it's a Shopify issue as I have removed the domain and then immediately re-added it. After a short while, the SSL installed and I was able to make it the primary domain. The website is now up and running again.

I'm not sure why the SSL stopped working but clearly there was an issue somewhere in the pipeline. Hopefully this won't happen again or will at least provide a quick fix for other users if they experience the same issue.

LeahMonay
Visitor
2 0 0

OMG that worked! Use the Shopify settings to delete the domain from the target Online Store and re-added it. 

benstones
Tourist
3 0 2

I'm glad this solution worked for you 😁