Shopify search metafields value

Solved
tinooze
Excursionist
13 1 2

Hi,

My store has 5 metafields. All of which have been displayed on the storefront.

But the native search from Shopify can only result in the product title / description, collection or articles.

These metafields include valuable data, is there a way to enable search bar to include those data as well?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jason
Shopify Expert
10440 169 2083

This is an accepted solution.

No. At this point in time Shopify hasn’t exposed metafields to search but there are some search apps that will help.

Now if you have a very small product range you could create your own search tool with Liquid and JavaScript where you loop over all products (let’s say less than 50),check the metafields on each, and then show any that match.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.
Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.
★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Jason
Shopify Expert
10440 169 2083

This is an accepted solution.

No. At this point in time Shopify hasn’t exposed metafields to search but there are some search apps that will help.

Now if you have a very small product range you could create your own search tool with Liquid and JavaScript where you loop over all products (let’s say less than 50),check the metafields on each, and then show any that match.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.
Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.
★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★

View solution in original post

tinooze
Excursionist
13 1 2

Yes, I'm kinda aware of the situation.

It's hard waiting for a big platform to go around hoops.

But thank you for not recommending another search app and keep the community focus on solely discussion.