Why is my Shopify store's checkout process slow?

mikeyl567
Excursionist
18 0 5

Seeking help in improving the speed of my shopify store. This is my website: www.christmastreesinthemail.com 

I noticed its especially slow with the transition from cart page to checkout page. 

I am confused by this because i did not have these issues last year. My business is seasonal and I havnt used the site since Christmas or made many changes during the offseason. 

I'm not too familiar with code. I deleted all unused apps and don't have too many. My pictures are all recommended sizes. Not sure what's going on and would appreciate any help

Replies 3 (3)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

It looks like you've done the main causes which would be minimising apps and using recommended sizes for website images.

What theme are you currently using? The theme of your store can also be a factor.

As each store and business is unique, it is difficult to pinpoint the exact issue, however we have documentation that can give you some instructions and information as to what you can change within your store that may help your speed.

I would also suggest reaching out to a services marketplace expert who will be able to take a deeper dive into your store for you.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mikeyl567
Excursionist
18 0 5

Thank you very much

mikeyl567
Excursionist
18 0 5

I use debut 13.2.1.    I ran the online store speed within shopify. It gave me alot of recomendations on edits to make to increase speed. Im not advanced enough in coding to do it myself, but i will reach out to an expert.