Shopify Theme Serve not working properly on my computer. Does any know why?

Enriquekike
Visitor
3 0 0

I've tested a couple times already and I keep getting error 404. Running as Store Owner. Not sure why is this happening. Does it have anything to do with Github? think I read another thread somewhere about that but not sure.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.57.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.57.57 AM.png

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Enriquekike.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I've taken a look at '100percent-test.myshopify.com' and it looks like your store is password protected, which might be causing this issue. Could you try removing the storefront password and see if that helps resolve the issue? 

It's also important to note that you may also need to choose a monthly plan in order to disable the storefront password. Have you decided on a suitable plan for moving forward?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Enriquekike
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Elias, thank you for taking a look at my issue.

Regarding the storefront password requiring me to sing up to a plan, means there is no actual way of test and developing any theme for shopify unless I'm subscribed to a plan?

I set up this store as a development store. I attach here a screenshot of the password. Need to know if is possible to remove that withouth a subscription for development

found this: https://changelog.shopify.com/posts/important-changes-to-new-development-stores

store issue.jpg

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @Enriquekike.

Thank you for following up!

I can confirm that development stores would also need to be subscribed to a plan in order to remove the storefront password. In addition, our developer's guide for Getting started with Shopify CLI does indicate that you need to be a store owner or staff account as well. However, you should be able to test or develop themes using the Shopify admin without having to remove the storefront password. 

That being said, can you share more context on what you're looking to test on themes using Shopify CLI?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog