Solved

Should I use different product titles for the same item in various colors?

silversage
Visitor
2 0 0

Newbie here

I am a mostly handmade store. I have just started to populate my site. 

-product titles

- necklace  several colours but they are the same essentially. 

Question: When I am creating a listing, should I use the same title for each item (necklace) or should I try and create new product titles for each and every one? They are basically the same, but different colour schemes. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Kate_WSQ
Shopify Partner
71 11 11

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Silversage,

Great question! When dealing with necklaces that are identical except for color and material, listing them as variants under a single product could significantly enhance the shopping experience. This approach not only simplifies navigation for customers but also streamlines your product management.

Alternatively, creating a sub-collection for these necklaces allows customers to view the entire range at a glance, aiding in their decision-making process.

Regarding product titles, I think that distinct and descriptive titles are crucial. They enable customers to quickly identify their preferences and confirm their selections. A title format like “Necklace Name – [Color] [Material]” would be both informative and clear.

For example, if you’re selling a necklace called “Elegance,” the titles could be:

Elegance Necklace – Red Gold
Elegance Necklace – Blue Silver
This way, customers can easily differentiate between the options and feel confident about their purchase.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

If this is helpful, please Like and Accept the solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store? Let me help.
- Feel free to contact me on wangsiqi@shinetechsoftware.com

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Kate_WSQ
Shopify Partner
71 11 11

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Silversage,

Great question! When dealing with necklaces that are identical except for color and material, listing them as variants under a single product could significantly enhance the shopping experience. This approach not only simplifies navigation for customers but also streamlines your product management.

Alternatively, creating a sub-collection for these necklaces allows customers to view the entire range at a glance, aiding in their decision-making process.

Regarding product titles, I think that distinct and descriptive titles are crucial. They enable customers to quickly identify their preferences and confirm their selections. A title format like “Necklace Name – [Color] [Material]” would be both informative and clear.

For example, if you’re selling a necklace called “Elegance,” the titles could be:

Elegance Necklace – Red Gold
Elegance Necklace – Blue Silver
This way, customers can easily differentiate between the options and feel confident about their purchase.

I hope these suggestions help! If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

If this is helpful, please Like and Accept the solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store? Let me help.
- Feel free to contact me on wangsiqi@shinetechsoftware.com
silversage
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you for your answer. Exactly what I was looking for.