Show discounted bulk price with liquid?

cotty
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi! Any idea how to show a 10% discounted price? I'm creating landing pages (via collections) to show bulk pricing, i.e., price if you add a quantity of x10 (buy qty 10, get 10% off). With my lacklustre coding experience, I've hit a brick wall. Here's what I have so far:

<div class="vat-price-collection">
{{ product.price | times:1.2 | times:10 | money }}
</div>
<div class="ex-vat-price-collection">
{{ product.price | times:10 | money }} (ex. VAT)
</div>

I show the vat inclusive and exclusive prices as it is a 50/50 order vol. between B2B/C so the first version shows with VAT, whilst the second part shows ex-VAT price.

I want to show the 10% discount for ex & inc. VAT prices, so I've added the times:10 as the 10% discount is on the quantity of 10, which gives me the bulk price... but now hit a stumbling block at how I now apply a 10% discount on the bulk price.

Any guidance would really be appreciated!

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 338 896

Can you give an example of what you want to see with actual prices instead of liquid? I'm having a hard time picturing what you're looking for. 

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
cotty
Excursionist
15 0 2

Hi @Ninthony,

The collection page shows a list of products that are sold per metre. So current prices show the default 1-metre price as default. For example;

Item A:

Price £10 per metre.

What I want to do on a new collection page is show the price for 10 metres, which also includes a 10% discount for ordering 10m. So, the new value should be:

£10 x 10m = £100 - 10% discount. Price now becomes:

Item A:

Price £90 for 10 metres.

Sorry, I hope that clarifies?

0 Likes