Solved

Why isn't the "sold out" badge displaying in my Shopify store?

knowherecomics
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hello,

I believe there is a built-in ability to show a "sold out" badge overlay on the image of the product when the inventory is set to 0, but for some reason it doesn't show on my store.  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I have looked high and low for an answer on this.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solution (1)
Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7393 1421 1414

This is an accepted solution.

hi @knowherecomics you can go to your Shopify store admin > Online store > Themes > Live theme > Actions > Edit code, open file product-grid-item.liquid then remove code in line 95 and 99 then check again 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.32.14.png

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution, - Coffee Tips or Paypal Tips
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Create Image Lookbook, Photo Gallery with product hotspots
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7393 1421 1414

Hi @knowherecomics , you can drop your store URL here so we can check and help you with

- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.

knowherecomics
Excursionist
16 0 3

Thanks! It's:

www.knowherecomics.com

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7393 1421 1414

This is an accepted solution.

hi @knowherecomics you can go to your Shopify store admin > Online store > Themes > Live theme > Actions > Edit code, open file product-grid-item.liquid then remove code in line 95 and 99 then check again 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.32.14.png

knowherecomics
Excursionist
16 0 3

Thanks for this, it worked perfectly!  On a similar note, is there a way to change the shape/border of the badge?  I've figured out how to change the placement, but would love it to be a rectangle instead of circle.  With a white border would be great too but I don't want to push it.  Any help is appreciated! Thanks

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Please follow the steps:
- Step 1: Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
- Step 2: Go to snippets > product-grid-item.liquid file, find "grid__item" and add code: {% if sold_out %}grid-view-item--sold-out{% endif %}
https://i.imgur.com/XRLcLSq.png
- Step 3: Go to Assets > theme.scss.liquid and paste this at the bottom of the file:
.grid-view-item--sold-out a{
opacity: .5;
}

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify
Ox6d
Excursionist
18 1 6

Hello LitExtension, I hope you are doing well!

I'm following up on this topic regarding displaying an "épuisé" (out of stock) badge on the product image when the stock is set to 0. I tried to follow your instructions; however, the topic dates back to a few years ago, and since then, the folder names have completely changed.

I've conducted several searches, but I can't seem to find a solution! Thank you in advance for your assistance!

catcarothers
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Are you able to assist with this?