Simple Theme "Sold Out" Badge

Solved
knowherecomics
Tourist
13 0 2

Hello,

I believe there is a built-in ability to show a "sold out" badge overlay on the image of the product when the inventory is set to 0, but for some reason it doesn't show on my store.  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I have looked high and low for an answer on this.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Hi @knowherecomics , you can drop your store URL here so we can check and help you with

Dan from Ryviu
0 Likes
knowherecomics
Tourist
13 0 2

Thanks! It's:

www.knowherecomics.com

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

hi @knowherecomics you can go to your Shopify store admin > Online store > Themes > Live theme > Actions > Edit code, open file product-grid-item.liquid then remove code in line 95 and 99 then check again 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.32.14.png

Dan from Ryviu

Please follow the steps:
- Step 1: Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
- Step 2: Go to snippets > product-grid-item.liquid file, find "grid__item" and add code: {% if sold_out %}grid-view-item--sold-out{% endif %}
https://i.imgur.com/XRLcLSq.png
- Step 3: Go to Assets > theme.scss.liquid and paste this at the bottom of the file:
.grid-view-item--sold-out a{
opacity: .5;
}

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
knowherecomics
Tourist
13 0 2

Thanks for this, it worked perfectly!  On a similar note, is there a way to change the shape/border of the badge?  I've figured out how to change the placement, but would love it to be a rectangle instead of circle.  With a white border would be great too but I don't want to push it.  Any help is appreciated! Thanks

0 Likes