I'm at basic plan 

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 16.43.18.png

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@taruuunnn 

You will want to ensure your browser is up to date by running any pending updates before attempting to log in. Shopify supports the latest version of all browsers. A few other steps you can try are: 

• Attempt to clear DNS cache
  • Update your device's OS. Many merchants experiencing this issue appear to be running older versions of Mac OS X or older versions of Windows. You can find more information on how to update your device here. 

The above steps should work as it seems like it's a local-ended issue. Reprovisioning the certificates may resolve the issue; however, will require that you contact Shopify Support as that is not something I can do from here.  You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@taruuunnn 

I'm not seeing this error on my end. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, did you recently add the domain to your Shopify store?

taruuunnn
Shopify Partner
23 1 2

Yes I'm still facing this issue 

Domain is old 

taruuunnn
Shopify Partner
23 1 2

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 11.12.28.png

google chorme error  

taruuunnn
Shopify Partner
23 1 2

@Trevor 

See I also have this issue

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/letsencrypt-r3-ssl-certificate-issues-solved/td-...

Please "provisioned the SSL certificates" 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@taruuunnn 

You will want to ensure your browser is up to date by running any pending updates before attempting to log in. Shopify supports the latest version of all browsers. A few other steps you can try are: 

• Attempt to clear DNS cache
  • Update your device's OS. Many merchants experiencing this issue appear to be running older versions of Mac OS X or older versions of Windows. You can find more information on how to update your device here. 

The above steps should work as it seems like it's a local-ended issue. Reprovisioning the certificates may resolve the issue; however, will require that you contact Shopify Support as that is not something I can do from here.  You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.

Farouk-dev
Shopify Partner
146 24 27

Hi @taruuunnn  ,

I have a solution for you...
This should work for you, however regular people browsing/shopping won't know how to sort this out.
Its going to be a mess, imagine store owners running paid traffic only to land on this error.

To be frank, @Shopify isn't to be blamed here, they are victims as much as the rest of us.

So, the main reason you are seeing this is:

1. You are running a really old iMac/PC/phone. Personally using OS X El Capitan.
    Apple isn't helping update from old DST Root CA X3 Certificate to the new ISGR Root X1.
  2. Your certificates on local machines haven't been updated. You need to update them manually...

Here is the quick solution, read further below to dive deeper into the the problem...

1. Download new ISGR Root X1 Certificate from:
https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgroo
2. Double click downloaded file to install the certificate.
3. Search for 'X1' certificate and double click it
4. CLick on 'Trust' dropdown link
5. Find "When using this certificate": Select "Always Trust"

Bit of details...

If you are running into this error:
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Problem: On Sept 30th 2021 lets encrypt phased out the old DST Root CA X3 (and it's R3 intermediate) and replaced it with the new ISRG Root X1 Certificate.

This left tens and millions of websites stack with old certificate(including lots of shopify domain names running on Let's Encrypt SSL's). Older imacs and PC's couldn't update to new certificate hence running into the error above.

It really is annoying but certainly no one's fault, hope we find a solution for regular online shoppers before the holiday season otherwise, traffic will be wasted

If this message was helpful, please mark it as a solution and give it a thumbs up. For more theme customisations, just send me an email at kadduf6@gmail.com
Vanessa297
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue with my store (spicenerds.com) and nothing works. I have tried downloading the Root certificate on my iPhone 12 and it didn't help. All our devices are really new and up to date with the newest iOS. 

Shopify support says our certificate is valid and running. Can anyone help, or offer another solution? 

We'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you! 

taruuunnn
Shopify Partner
23 1 2

I disconnect the domain

I deleted all Shopify related ANAME and CNAME in doamin DNS

then I connect the domain again and it's works 

Shopify restore my certificate