Squarespace to Shopify domain question.

basehitter10
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a Squarespace store and  I am moving over to Shopify.  Shopify store is ready and I'd like to hae it available from the Squarespace domain this weekend for a show we're doing.

I have put in for the domain transfer from Squarespace to Shopify, but I doubt it will happen by the weekend.

Is there a way to point the Squarespace hosted domain name to the Shopify site?  Any other strategy I could use?

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@basehitter10 

Welcome to Shopify! 

Domain transfers can take up to 20 days to complete (10 days to successfully transfer, 20 if the transfer failed). During this time, your domain will remain active up until the transfer has been completed. If you have the option to edit the DNS records within Squarespace, then you can point the domain to Shopify by setting your "A" record to 23.227.38.65 and your "CNAME" value to shops.myshopify.com. More information on pointing your domain can be found here. 

Once you've applied the changes, your domain will likely experience downtime while the new records are set up. The process typically takes 24 hours but can take up to 48 hours. You can then add the domain to your Shopify store once the records have been applied. Thereafter, it will take up to 24 hours for the SSL certificate to apply to your store - assuming there are no rouge records. If you have additional "A" records or "AAAA" records then these will cause issues with your SSL certificate applying to the store. 

Your store will be accessible without the SSL certificate; however, the "your connection is not private" will likely appear when trying to access the store. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

basehitter10
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for the info.  Might be best to let the transfer play out.

Is there any way to verify that the transfer is correctly in process?  Domain = jenniferpottnerstudio.com

Thanks!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@basehitter10 

I won't be able to check the transfer process; however, you should receive emails that the transfer process started and further emails during the transfer process. Users can see up to 4+ emails during the transfer process to provide updates on its current status. These emails may arrive in your spam/junk folder, so you'll want to keep an eye on your inbox to see if these emails have been sent. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog