SSL Pending Resolution

Solved
joshatnomad
3 0 0

Hey Shopify Support,

I went through a domain transfer process to bring my URL (nomadbakedgoods.com) from Google Domains over to Shopify. For the last 5-6 days it's been giving us the SSL Pending notice, which I read typically resolves within 48-72 hours max. Any insights into what may be causing the issue?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Helen
Shopify Staff
1391 169 230

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @joshatnomad. Thanks for reaching out about this!

When transferring a domain to Shopify, it can take up to 20 days for the transfer to complete. Once it’s completed, your SSL certificate should be provisioned within 48 hours. Therefore, have you received an email confirming that your domain transfer is complete yet?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Helen
Shopify Staff
1391 169 230

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @joshatnomad. Thanks for reaching out about this!

When transferring a domain to Shopify, it can take up to 20 days for the transfer to complete. Once it’s completed, your SSL certificate should be provisioned within 48 hours. Therefore, have you received an email confirming that your domain transfer is complete yet?

View solution in original post

joshatnomad
3 0 0

Hey Helen,

Thanks for clearing that up. No, I haven't seen the confirmation email come thru. I appreciate the expectations management - I'll reach out if we haven't seen confirmation within 20 days.

Thank you for the help!

Josh

Helen
Shopify Staff
1391 169 230

My pleasure, @joshatnomad. Happy to help.

joshatnomad
3 0 0

Hey Helen,

Me again. It's been more than 20 days since I last messaged about my SSL Pending and domain transfer questions, and I still haven't seen any movement or gotten a confirmation of my domain transfer. Am I missing an important step?

Would love your insight. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.12.37 PM.png

Helen
Shopify Staff
1391 169 230

Hi, @joshatnomad. Sorry to hear nothing has changed; That’s certainly unexpected so thanks for reaching out about it. The good news is that your domain is showing as connected in your admin (thanks for the screenshot!). However, when I go to Google Dig (DNS lookup) there aren’t any DNS settings found for your domain. Are you seeing the correct DNS Settings in your admin when you go to 'Online Store > Domains > Manage > DNS Settings'?

Either way, I think it would be best for us to take a closer look at this for you, and possibly manually attempt to provision your SSL certificates to see if it helps. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so, however we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time. Therefore, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request via live chat, email or phone callback.

Let me know how it goes!