Solved

Why is my SSL still pending on Shopify after 20 hours?

Cibasti
Tourist
6 0 5

Hello, hope everybody is well.

It looks like the www.cibasti.com domain has SSL already but cibasti.com has a yellow badge with "SSL pending". How long does it normally take? It's been almost 20 hours since I connected the domain.

/Paola

Accepted Solution (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Cibasti.

When you successfully login to your store using our Contact Us page, you will be directed to our Help Center. Type in what you would like assistance with in the search bar and search our Help Center to see the relevant help documents and articles. Below the search results, you should see the option to Get Support to speak directly with a Support Advisor about the domain issue.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Cibasti.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as well as providing the domain. Did you transfer the domain to your Shopify store, or was the domain purchased directly from the Shopify platform? When new domains are connected to a Shopify store, it can take up to a full 24 hours for the SSL certificate to be approved on the domain.

I would suggest waiting the full 24 hours to see if the SSL is approved. If after that the domain is still showing the status "pending" for the SSL, I would suggest removing the subdomain connected to cibasti.com. You should be able to remove the subdomain by selecting the manage option within Online store > domains. With that being said, once you have removed the subdomain you can add it back to the domain at any time.

Let me know if that does the trick, happy to help out.

Cibasti
Tourist
6 0 5

Hello again,

The cibasti.com domain still pending SSL. I have removed and added the domain a couple of times now but still the same pending.

Cibasti
Tourist
6 0 5

Still having the same problem. Spoke with my webhotel and they said that everything looks correct on their side. So it has to be o Shopify's side they said.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Cibasti.

Thanks for the quick reply in this matter.

Since you have confirmed that with the domain host, I would suggest you reach out to our support to have a Support Advisor take a closer look into the domain. You may need to remove the subdomain attached to the domain that you have connected to your store, once you disconnect the subdomain - you will have the option to add it back at any time.

With that being said, since I cannot authenticate you for the store in question over our public forums, it would be best to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the issue with the domains SSL certification with our support.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, happy to help out.

Cibasti
Tourist
6 0 5

Thank you.

But I'm caught in a loop. When I click on that link you gave me I come to a page to a page where I can chose between "Help center" and "Community". When I click on "Contact Support" under the menu, I get looped back to this same page after login in and selecting my store. 

How do I contact support then?

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Cibasti.

When you successfully login to your store using our Contact Us page, you will be directed to our Help Center. Type in what you would like assistance with in the search bar and search our Help Center to see the relevant help documents and articles. Below the search results, you should see the option to Get Support to speak directly with a Support Advisor about the domain issue.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Cibasti
Tourist
6 0 5

Thank you. All worked out now 🙂