SSL Pending

freetheski
1 0 0

Hello, I recently created a Shopify store and got a third-party domain. The third-party domain says SSL pending and I'm just wondering if I have everything set up correctly or if I didn't mess it up. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Reply 1 (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3099 402 633

@freetheski 

Great question! As long as the URL is pointed to Shopify correctly, then the SSL will apply to your domain within 24 hours. If 24 hours pass and it shows SSL pending, then that would indicate that either you have a rouge DNS record or the certificates need to be reprovisioned. 

If your domain has an additional "A" recorded or an "AAAA" record, then the SSL will not apply. You can check what appears publicly for your domain using Mxtoolbox.

If you do not see any additional records that could be causing the issue, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support for further assistance. They can help reprovision the certificates which should apply the SSL certificate within 30 minutes but can take up to 24 hours. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog