Hello dear sellers,
I am new to Shopify and have built my store. It is almost finished, but at the moment, I still have the problem that it says "SSL pending". A guide said that it might need up to 48 hours, but since I have connected my domain, 2 weeks are already over. The shop has a password at the moment and I'm using the Standardplan. A new domain has already been saved and is successfully connected to the store. Any ideas why SSL is still pending?
Thank you very much,
Solved! Go to the solution
I’m sorry to hear you have been struggling with this for so long! Let’s work together towards getting this resolved for you.
Thanks for the screenshots. The domain values you’ve entered in order to point your domain to Shopify are correct (IP address: 220.127.116.11, CNAME: shops.myshopify.com), however there appears to be an issue with the A Record settings itself. Every domain host is a little bit different when it comes to the DNS settings, therefore, as the next step towards troubleshooting this is to contact your domain provider directly to have them check that their particular requirements for pointing a domain to Shopify are met.
For further reference here is the Help Doc for connecting a third party domain that you can provide to your domain host to assist them with double checking the requirements on their end.
Once they’ve made the adjustments needed, the SSL certificate should provision automatically. However, if it doesn’t we can try provisioning it manually from my end, so just let me know!
I am having the same issue and it has been over 48 hours. My domain is LujoSkin.com and is not working/SSL is still pending even though I approved the transfer through the Google domains to Shopify.
I would appreciate any guidance!
I took a look at the link you provided (intodns.com/vyralstore.com), and to be honest, most of it is out of my support scope and best to discuss with your domain provider. However, I did notice that you have two A Records as seen below, which may be contributing to the issue. Please remove the other A Record and we’ll see if that helps.
Additionally, I am also sending you an email so that I can proceed with taking a closer look at this, and see what else I can help with from my end. Keep an eye out for it!
Thanks for reaching out here about your SSL issue as well. I just went to your domain, lujoskin.com, and the SSL certificate looks like it has been fully provisioned now. See below:
Let me know if you are experiencing something different from your end, and/or if you are seeing any ‘pending’ notifications in your Shopify admin when you go to ‘Online Store > Domains’, and I’m happy to look further into it for you.
I know this issue has been solved for people experiencing this issue last year, but I have had my store and domain set up for almost a month and a half now but my SSL is still pending. I checked through the forum from last year and I believe everything that was suggested to solve the problem is up to date in my DNS settings but I'm not completely sure. Is there anything I should do as far as extra measures to fix this?
I’m sorry to hear your SSL has been pending for so long! I just went to your storefront, based on the domain that is listed in your screenshot, and it appears as though the SSL certificate has provisioned now, as seen here:
Please let me know if you are experiencing something different from your end, or still having any issues with it. I’m here to help!
By the way, excellent job on your website; Your store looks fantastic so far! Just an FYI, your About Us page is leading to a 404 page, so I recommend checking the link associated with it, by going to ‘Online Store > Navigation’. More detailed steps for editing a menu item are found here.
Hello I have Just gotten my Domain through Shopify, everything matches the info given above. But it still says pending, any clue why. roselynai.com
Hey, @lynai-sales. If you’ve just purchased your domain, then it can take up to 48 hours for your SSL certificate to provision. I mentioned this timeframe in a few of my previous replies, and there is more info about it in the Help Doc for SSL. However, I just went to your storefront, and it looks like everything is fully connected now!
Your store is looking great, by the way! You’re selling some really cute pieces; The top that says “Know your worth then add tax” is so clever. It made me laugh out loud.
Have you considered writing an About Us page? This could really enhance the user experience and add more of a human element to your business. For example, I’d love to know more about what the inspiration is behind your store concept. There are some great tips, examples and templates in this blog post to help you out with it.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
Hi, @Eldcan. Welcome to the Community! I’m happy to help you out with this.
How long ago did you purchase, or connect your domain to your Shopify store? As mentioned previously, it can take up to 48 hours for the SSL certificate to provision. Therefore, if it has been longer than that, please reply to the email I am about to send you, and I’ll be able to take a closer look into this for you.
I have the same problem with the SSL. Just to be sure before I screw my dns settings:
- I need to remove ALL the A's except the one with 18.104.22.168 (so I remove the 2nd, 3rd 4th, 5th, 6th)
- I need to remove ALL the AAAA's (so i remove the 7th, 8th and 9th as well)
If i remove those the SSL will be good right?
Thanks in advance!
This is an accepted solution.
Hi, @hazem1995! Thanks for checking in about this.
Do you recall what the additional A and AAAA records are for in your DNS settings? Most commonly, SSL errors are due to multiple A Records or AAAA Records in your DNS Settings. Therefore, if records 2-9 are not intentional, then yes those are the ones to remove.
Who is your domain host? If you have any doubt about the functionality of your DNS setting, I suggest first contacting your domain provider to determine if those records are needed. If advised to remove them, please wait up to 48 hours after doing so for the changes to take effect and your SSL certificate to provision.
If your SSL is still pending 48 hours after making any changes (or if advised not to remove records 2-9), the next step is to attempt to have the SSL certificates provisioned from our end. In order to do so, we’ll need to access your account. At this time, account-specific support via the Shopify Community is unavailable, so please visit our contact page, and log in to your account to create a support request for live chat, callback or email assistance.
To save some time and help the Support Advisor you speak with pick up where we’ve left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. Please share this summary at the beginning of your conversation in order to proceed with the next steps as quickly as possible:
“My domain’s SSL has been pending for longer than 48 hours. I have confirmed with my domain provider that
the DNS settings are correct, therefore I am requesting for you to manually provision the SSL certificate.”
I'm marking this reply as “Solved” for the benefit of anyone else who also needs a Support Advisor to assist with these same next steps. Thanks!
That’s great, @hazem1995! Thanks for the update.
Now that your domain is connected properly, I highly recommend submitting your sitemap to Google. It’s the first step in helping to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It can sometimes take weeks or even months for your site to become indexed by search engines so that you show up in search results, so the earlier you get it submitted, the better.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Hi Helen, im having an issue with the SSL setting up, its been 6 days since the set up. Ive gone in again today and reset from the domains page (using the auto connect) and looked at this thread, does everything look as it should here? Any advice or help would be massively appreciated
Hi, @Whiteski. Thanks for the screenshot!
Where is your domain being hosted? The DNS settings that are required to connect a third party domain are as follows:
Therefore, please edit your A Record to be as seen above. Additionally, there are a lot of other records within your settings. Did you add them in yourself? Do you know what they are for? For example you have two CNAME records, where the subdomain ‘shops.yourdomain.com’ is pointing to Shopify. If you’d prefer to have ‘www.yourdomain.com’ point to your store instead, then please update your CNAME as seen in the screenshot above and delete the other record.
I highly recommend contacting your domain provider to go over your DNS settings though. Let them know that you are wanting to point to your Shopify store, and provide them with the Help Doc for What to tell your third-party provider. They’ll be able to advise if there are any records that aren’t needed and can be deleted. Or, if there is any other requirement from their end that needs to be added. Once you’ve made the necessary changes to your DNS Settings, please allow up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect, within which time your SSL certificates should provision.
If your SSL continues to be unavailable after 48 hours after confirming your DNS Settings are correct, we’ll gladly take a look at it from our end and try to provision the certificates manually. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.
Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!
unfortunately for me it is also still pending after more then 48h. The domain name: SCHMUCKMUC.com
Do you have any hints?
Thanks in advanced!