Stacking Discounts custom code

BarbaraM
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey there! 
I was wondering if it's possible to add custom coding in order to be able to stack discounts? I'm aware that there are apps that provide such functionality, but I'm trying to explore other options first. Anyone can help? Thank you so much in advance! 

Replies 4 (4)
Shopi5_Coders
Explorer
36 5 8

Hello barbara. 

Do you have any images, that describe better what you need?

If you liked the help we provided then accept the solution and like it.
Want to hire us? or visit our website and Get a free quote
BarbaraM
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey there! Thank you for your reply. I don't think an image would particularly help in this case. 
But I explain a bit more:

I want to offer Free Shipping + 10% discount to my email subscribers. Rn I can't do this, since Shopify doesn't let customers use two or more discount codes in the same purchase. I know that there are some apps that I can install to stack discounts, but I wanted to know if there's any custom code I could add to make the discounts stackable.  

Thanks!

mcunningham
10 0 0

Hey Barbara,

Were you able to find an answer to this? I'm starting to dig in to see if there is any custom code as well so hoping you may have figured something out!

Thanks!

Monica

BarbaraM
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Monica, 

Unfortunately I haven’t found the solution I was hopping for. I was trying to stack a free shipping code + percentage discount, so what I ended up doing is simply put the item in sale and let customers only add the free shipping code at checkout. I still needed the stacking tho, so I went and tried a bunch of apps. But they’re either too expensive for the value, or too complicated. So, don’t have any great solution to report actually. 
Meanwhile I prioritized other things but have a few ideas to try regarding this. Can report later, if you want to keep in touch!