Stop Shopify subscription but save all data?

SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

Hello,

I paused my Shopify store for 3 months over the available period without any subscription cost. Now I automatically got resubscribed to the paused plan (password protected store). I wonder if there is a solution to stop your shop, but still save your data and code. I don't need the shop at the moment but I don't want to lose all the work I put into it.

So is there a way to download all data or at least get all the code and linked images? In that way I could stop the subscription and maybe reupload the data whenever I want to continue my shop on Shopify.

If there's any other solution to this, please let me know.

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 167

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. This is a great question! Of course, you will want to keep your hard work for future ventures. 

I'd suggest the first step is to download your theme file. You will have to re-populate the images via the Theme Editor, re-create Pages, and re-create your navigation when you return, however. We have a guide, here, on how to download your theme file. 

The next step would be downloading your products CSV, which will download your product data to a spreadsheet, which you can upload to a new store. You can learn about products CSV here

We have an entire document here on backups and duplication, which will cover any other areas that you may want to backup before canceling your store! 

Were there any roadblocks that prevented you from keeping this store active? Was it your first attempt at an online store? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SachaBC
Excursionist
50 2 2

Hello @Cal 

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! So if I download my latest theme and I'd use it in the future and reupload it into a Shopify store, I would still have every html / css / liquid file that's used at the moment? And what about pages which have html code written inside of shopify and not in the editor?

I had to pause my store because of limited time. The only thing that kept me from staying subscribed is the 8€ a month, which is too much for me for a service that I don't use / work on at the moment.

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 167

You would have every liquid file downloaded, exactly. Pages, in their entirety, will have to be re-created in the new store. 

That's totally understandable, and if you need any assistance when re-starting your account don't hesitate to reach out. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes