Store Cancelation

kynewt22
1 0 0

Capture.PNG

I cant seem to cancel the store subscription, it says I have to pay to cancel the subscription. Thankyou

Replies 2 (2)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
831 197 247

If you have pending app fees, you will need to pay them before closing your store. To check if you have any pending fees, go to Settings > Billing within your admin panel.

Alternatively, consider sending an email to merchant support, they can look into the account.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Maz
Shopify Staff
76 21 15

Hey @kynewt22.

Thanks for reaching out here to the Community! Happy to help you with this.

As @Nick_Marketing mentioned below, this warning usually appears when you have pending charges that need to be settled. When a merchant tries to close their shop, they must pay for any outstanding charges. You can try accessing the invoice under Settings > Billing > Bills > View upcoming bill will show the details. If the outstanding charges will not be paid after 3 attempts, the shop will be frozen which means it is essentially closed, and you will not be billed any further. 

We hate to see our merchants go and love to help them in any way we can, could you please tell me why you would like to cancel? I'd be happy to help if you are stuck on something in particular?

A suggestion to cut down costs, would be to switch to our Pause and Build plan this, reduces your monthly cost to just $9/month, and you can keep working on your store! 
In addition to that, have you considered moving to the annual plan? You would save $36/year on your subscription by choosing the annual Basic Shopify plan. As a free bonus you get Custom calculated rates included which is an additional saving of $240. That's a total savings of $276 if you need the Custom calculated option!

Let me know how you get on.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog