Store Importer App for Orders

SamB080
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi there, I've got my new Shopify store to the point where I'm ready to import orders and customers from my Bigcommerce store. 

I've got the Shopify 'Store Importer' app and will use that to transfer the data. I've seen a few cases of customers being sent emails once orders are imported from another platform. How can I ensure this doesn't happen? Does Shopify's own 'Store Importer' app prevent this happening?

Cheers, Sam.

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 37 38

Hey, @SamB080!

This is Moira from the Social Care team. Thanks for posting and a very warm welcome to Shopify, we are so glad to have you here!

It's great to hear that you are interested in utilizing the Shopify store importer app for the transfer of your store data. This will provide a very seamless migration for you and your business. I haven't come across any instances where customers have been sent emails once orders are imported from another platform. Just to be sure, I also reached out to our internal technical team to double-check and they advised that the Shopify store importer app automatically sets orders to the Archived status. While you can technically unarchive them, you'll not be able to perform any functionality normally reserved for orders created in a Shopify store. Being in an archived state restricts any activity such as customers being sent emails once orders have been imported.

Migrating from another platform

When migrating from another platform to Shopify, you need to export your store data from your current platform, and then put the data into CSV files in a format provided by Shopify. After your data is in the correct CSV format, you can import the CSV files into your Shopify store using the Store Importer app. I have provided you with our help doc on the migration process below should you need further guidance:

Shopify Compass

How are things going with the rest of your website? If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Compass! This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields.

As you're working on your store migration, you may be interested in learning about the platform in a bit more detail. I've attached the relevant course below:

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes