What steps can unlock a Shopify store with an unlicensed theme?

vladijocha
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

my store is locked. I'm able to log in as admin. But our website isnt available. After research mails, we noticed that shopify legal wrote us that we have a unlicensed theme and thats the reaseon why shopify locked our store. 
Now we want to purchase the theme, but its not possible due to an "server error". What should we do to get the theme and get the store unlocked / online again?

We have open 3 shopify support tickets yesterday and today , but nobody answers us..

Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi, @vladijocha 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience here, and I understand you will want to get your storefront unlocked as soon as possible! The best thing to do in this case is to respond to the email from our Legal Trus and Safety team. They will be able to give you the steps you need to follow in order to rectify the theme issue and get your business back up and running. If you reply to the email that the team has sent you, it will go directly back to their specific inbox so they will see your response and can take action.

If the Legal Trust and Safety team are chatting with you about this at the moment, it's best not to start any new support chats for the time being, as the Support Advisors you chat with there would not have the same level of access to your account as the Legal team; so they would not really be able to give you any updates. The Legal team will be able to help you out here with the next steps.

I'm sure this will be resolved for you soon!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vladijocha
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Ava,

a) I've respond shopify legal team yesterday at 16:00.
Today at 17:40 (24h later) they wrote me back "For assistance with purchasing or removing themes, please contact Shopify support: help.shopify.com/en/questions"

b) I've also contacted yesterday and today the shopify support. They told me I should contact the legal team. 

So what should I do now?

Fact is that our store is down about 36h. And I dont get any information how I can get it online back.

This situation is really frustrated, I connot believe that shopify deals this way with its customers. 

Eh-Co
5 0 0

Hiya,

did you manage to get this resolved? We have the same issue and so frustrated because we are not getting any help or response from the trust and safety team.

would you be able to share how you resolved this?

thanks

ndah

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi, @Eh-Co!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience here, I understand how frustrating it is to wait for a response. Issues that require our Trust and Safety team to assist with can sometimes take a little time to resolve. This is because that team handles a lot of legal queries that often take time for the proper procedures to be observed. 

The Trust and Safety team are working through a lot of support requests at the moment, so they are trying to resolve as many issues as they can! This will be resolved for you soon, though I'm afraid I cannot give a solid timeframe for when at the moment. 

Thank you so much for your patience here, I'm sure your site will be back to normal soon.

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog