Store URL redirecting to a 404 error page

Store URL redirecting to a 404 error page

Boho-convention
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

My store falls in the home decor category so I promote by posting comments on different interior design platforms one of which is Houzz where I have a Pro account. I used to get daily referrals to my store from Houzz but they stopped a couple of weeks ago. When I check the comments I had previously submitted on Houzz which included a link to my store, the link was redirecting to a 404 not found page. Can someone please help me fixing this?

Screenshot_20210310-120931_Samsung Internet.jpg

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Shopify Staff (Retired)
3408 463 991

@Boho-convention 

I suspect the issue is coming from the %20 that is appearing at the end of the URL - Do you know why this is appearing there? I tested this on my end and can confirm that shareable discount links wouldn't produce the %20 so it's likely that the URL was entered incorrectly. 

I'd recommend checking the information you've entered into Houzz as this is likely where the root cause of the issue is as the store appears online on my end. It's also strange because I can't reproduce the error by typing in the URL with the 20% - It sends me to a search result vs a 404 error page which is another reason why I believe Houzz is incorrectly redirecting customers to the wrong URL. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Boho-convention
Visitor
2 0 0

@Trevor We went through this with 3 shopify gurus and there is nothing wrong with the link I posted. Please see the comment section of this article, the last 2 comments are mine and only one of the two links is working.

https://www.houzz.com.au/magazine/picture-perfect-45-times-a-rug-made-a-room-stsetivw-vs~118444179

Trevor
Shopify Staff (Retired)
3408 463 991

@Boho-convention 

The second comment works, but I was able to replicate the error on the first error. 

If you hover over the URL from a desktop, it does show that the URL leads to the URL with the %20 added which would indicate it was hyperlinked incorrectly. Our support here would be limited because we can't control how the URL was inputted on a third-party website. 

My best recommendation would be to edit the comment, delete what you currently have, and try inputting the URL again. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog